release countdown app

Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1

I am looking for an app that has a countdown for when a product will release. So far I have only been able to find apps that show a countdown for how long the product is available for. 

Any ideas? 

thanks!

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
195 15 32

Hi, @joey88

Rae from Shopify here. Thanks for posting this question! 

There are a few apps in our App Store that offer product release and product launch countdown timers, such as: 

While ULTIMATE Countdown Timer is currently free, Countdown Sales Timer offers a free plan based on how many timers are in use at one time. If you would like to test out both of these apps to find out which one you prefer, just make sure to uninstall whichever app you aren't going to use to avoid being charged for that app in the future. 

Both of these apps are developed and supported by third party developers, so if you need any help with getting these apps set up, please reach out to the developers directly by following these steps

What products are you looking to launch? I'd love to hear more! 

Rae | Social Care @ Shopify
Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center, or the Shopify Blog.

0 Likes
Tourist
5 0 1

Hi Rae, 

It seems that both these apps only have a countdown for an existing sale or available item. I am looking for a countdown to a future product launch within a live site. Example- counting down 1 week untill this new shirt is available on the site. 

Know of anything similar? 

0 Likes
4 0 0

Hey, @joey88 

Thanks for posting this question! 

I would like to introduce an application we make for you: https://apps.shopify.com/nextsale

If you have any questions, please feel free and ask :)

Thanks!

Nextsale
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
195 15 32

Hi, @joey88!

Thanks for getting back to me. 

I tested both of these apps on my test site, and after making a few configurations within the app, I was able to get them both set up to show a product launch timer. Here's an example of how it looked on my site using ULTIMATE Countdown Timer:

15-07-z7wzl-xg1c3

And this is how it looked with Countdown Sales Timer:

15-07-9x3rw-a5lrj

In order for these to work properly on your product pages, I recommend replacing your 'add to cart' button with another link, like a 'contact us' link instead. This will stop customers from being able to purchase the product before the official launch. To do this, please follow these steps

If this isn't the set up you're looking for, please reply directly to me here with a bit more information on how you would like this to look on your site, and I'll be glad to help further! 

Rae | Social Care @ Shopify
Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center, or the Shopify Blog.

0 Likes
Tourist
6 0 3

Hi @joey88 ,

I am currently building a FREE countdown and urgency application for Shopify.

You'll be able to do the following using that app:

1. Add banner to the top/bottom of your store.

2. You'll be able to add countdown, text as well as as button(CTA) with a link on the banner.

3. You'll be able to collect users' email using the button on banner.

4. You'll be able to customise the look of banner from the UI without writing any code.

If this is something that interests you please let me know. We can work together and chalk out the requirements.

PS: If you are looking for a recommendation app, mind giving this a try? http://apps.shopify.com/recommendation-kit

Cheers 🍻

0 Likes
Tourist
5 0 1
Thanks for the reply about the countdown app. Alot of apps give countdowns
for sales to invoke urgency for the customer to buy, but this is not what I
am looking for. I am trying to find an app that can show a timer on to
indicate when a product will become available. Counting down to its
release. It would be ideal to have the ability for customers to put their
email in to be notified when it finally becomes available. Can you do this
with your app? if not, I suggest it because I know alot of shops are
looking for this functionality.
thanks!
1 Like
Tourist
6 0 3

Thank you for explaining the requirement. My app is currently in the approval process. 

I can add the exact functionality that you are looking for. Currently countdown is available on the top and bottom with email input.

But the countdown can be added on the product page which are out of stock with an email input. 

I can work with you to add this functionality. As soon as the app is approved you'll have access to this functionality.

You can send me a private message so that we can discuss the exact functionality.

Cheers!

1 Like
1 0 0

Hi  - is your app available yet? it migth be just what I am looking for. 

0 Likes
Tourist
6 0 3

Hi there,

Yes, my app Urgency & Countdown Kit is now available. It is free of cost. We are coming up with new features in a couple of weeks.

PS: If you are looking to show Personalized Product Recommendations on your store please feel free to give Product Recommendations Kit a try.

Regards

0 Likes