sending a Cart link to my customers

Angela_Wood
1 0 0

Hello

Can anyone help me? I'd like to be able to set up an order for a customer then send them the link to thier order. I've been using pay pal invoicing and id like to go directly through my shopify.

TIA

Angela Wood
0 Likes
lizbee
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
114 0 11

Hey there, Angela!

You can definitely do this :)

First, navigate to your shop and start by adding all items the customer would like to order, to the cart. Next, proceed to the checkout and abandon the order!

Go into the admin orders tab then hit the "Abandoned Checkouts" in the top right, click on the order you abandoned and copy the link to send to your customer, like this.

Hope that helps!

thestorenextdoo
1 0 1

do they have to have a created an account? I was wondering if I could go and add items to the cart for a customer and then send them the link to the cart and from there they could create and account and pay.

elipanetta
Tourist
4 0 1

Hi there, 

I  have a similar need, the link is broken in this answer. I'd like to add items to a cart and invoice the cuxtomer. 

Thanks, 

Elizabeth 

alanclos
1 0 0

I have a similar need.  I will do some custom work for my customers and would like to:

1. Import a CSV,XLS to an order based on a design

2. Send that order to the customer so that they can purchase or modify the cart as they see fit...

Haven't really found good answers on how to do this.

0 Likes
channelup
Shopify Partner
326 14 47

Hi

Have you tried creating draft orders and sending them to customers for payment: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/orders/create-orders

The only issue with this method is the customer cannot change the orderlines so they would need to contact you to edit order or create a new order with changes.

Regards

Tom

Channelup is a product data management solution helping Shopify stores automate their processes.
If you require custom development or would like to test out our features contact me at tom@channelup.io
0 Likes