using INTEGROMAT to change Inventory Location

greiseve
Explorer
63 1 83

Hi there,

I'm trying to use Integromat to automate a simple update to each order in Shopify.

I want Integromat to check each order if it contains certain products that are associated with a 'tag' (category/collection). This works fine.

Then I want Integromat to change the warehouse location from A to B for the entire order if certain products are included.

Screen Shot 2021-07-11 at 23.08.56.png 

I just can't seem to find where the warehouse location is defined in the Shopify order. 'Location' is always blank as it is only used for POS orders. I've found some sources referencing fulfillment location but the order is still unfulfilled. so doesn't make necessarily sense.

Any suggestion is more than welcome.

Thanks,

Evert

Replies 4 (4)

LukaszWiktor
Shopify Partner
314 24 120

You need to use the Fulfillment Order API resource.

First, you need to get the list of fulfillment orders associated with your order using this endpoint:

GET /admin/api/2021-07/orders/{order_id}/fulfillment_orders.json 

In your case the list will probably contain only one element. You need to take its id.

Having the fulfillment order id, you can send a request to change the location:

POST /admin/api/2021-07/fulfillment_orders/{fulfillment_order_id}/move.json 

I'm a software engineer. I make things happen automatically.
Check out my apps Exporteo, Fulfilleo, Stockeo, and Personal Discount.

LukaszWiktor
Shopify Partner
314 24 120

You need to use the Fulfillment Order API resource.

First, you need to get the list of fulfillment orders associated with your order using this endpoint:

GET /admin/api/2021-07/orders/{order_id}/fulfillment_orders.json 

In your case the list will probably contain only one element. You need to take its id.

Having the fulfillment order id, you can send a request to change the location:

POST /admin/api/2021-07/fulfillment_orders/{fulfillment_order_id}/move.json 

greiseve
Explorer
63 1 83

@LukaszWiktor  thanks so much... do you have any experience with Integromat? Trying to figure out how to get this working... thanks for the pointers. This is my current scenario but it doesn't fully work yet. I can't seem to update the location.

Screen Shot 2021-07-12 at 17.02.58.png

LukaszWiktor
Shopify Partner
314 24 120

@greiseve yes, I do have some experience with Integromat. You'd need to use the HTTP module as the Integromat's integration with Shopify doesn't cover the API endpoints I mentioned above. To authenticate the requests you need generate credentials by setting up a so called private app and include them in the URL for a GET request or in X-Shopify-Access-Token header for a POST request. 

LukaszWiktor_0-1626159495875.png