why is Mailchimp pop-up not showing

mosquito
3 0 0

Hello, 

I installed MailChimp app. I then created a pop-up form and set it to open immediately on my website.

However, when I go to my site, nothing pops up. Neither PC nor mobile.

Any idea how I can fix this? I am anxious...

Thanks in advance.

( I don't know how to upload screenshots... sad..)

0 Likes
Ann
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
510 0 89

Hey there, 

I'm Ann, from the team here at Shopify :)

There are a couple of reasons why this might not be working, it could depend on your theme or the app you used to get your pop up set up. 

That said, I did find this MailChimp article that might help. In it, they go over the steps you can take in order to make your pop up appear. 

Give those a try and if that doesn't work, can you let me know how you set up the pop up? Additionally, if you link your store URL, it will help me take a closer look at the issue. 

Also, if you have any more questions or concerns feel free to reach out to us on this thread :) 

Have a great one,
Ann

Ann | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
KaiaLondon
Tourist
9 0 7

I am having the same issue. I have gone through mailchimps stages, and cannot figure out what I am doing wrong. My website is: kaialondon.co.uk (kaia-london.myshopify.com) 

I just want the sign up to newsletter pop up to feature on the home page, and even when I tried to add the code in separately it didn't seem to work. 

Any ideas?

0 Likes
Humberto
Shopify Expert
1 0 0

If your popup used to work but it doesn't work anymore it's probably because you closed it and Mailchimp added a cookie called MCPopupClosed and this will prevent the popup to open.

0 Likes
OCRSHARK
2 0 0

Hi, I modified and publish the content of my newsletter pop-up and it doesn't show anymore...

Can you help me with that?

I have attached a image of the pop-up

Thank you

https://capitainedabord.com/

0 Likes
Alia_Makarem
Excursionist
35 0 9

Hello,

I'm running into the same issue as well for this site https://radstudiolb.com/

I enabled popups for the website and cleared my cookies, tried multiple browsers as well.

The site is built on Brooklyn theme, we had pop-ups setup for other Brooklyn themes and no issues there.

So I'm wondering if this is a problem from Mailchimp app (their documentation, doesn't provide much info) or if this is a Shopify thing, can someone please share the solution for Brooklyn?

Thanks

Alia

OCRSHARK
2 0 0

Hi, I cleaned my cache and the pop-up showed again...!

@Alia_Makarem wrote:

Hello,

I'm running into the same issue as well for this site https://radstudiolb.com/

I enabled popups for the website and cleared my cookies, tried multiple browsers as well.

The site is built on Brooklyn theme, we had pop-ups setup for other Brooklyn themes and no issues there.

So I'm wondering if this is a problem from Mailchimp app (their documentation, doesn't provide much info) or if this is a Shopify thing, can someone please share the solution for Brooklyn?

Thanks

Alia

0 Likes
PhilZerg241169
1 0 0

Hi there, 

I followed all the instructions to install ShopSync before today (May 12) and the mailchimp signup pop-up form does not appear anymore in my store. 

Can you please assist? 

Thank you!

0 Likes
janellwysock
2 0 0

Thanks Ann this article was helpful and it seems like I am still not sure where the code goes as it's still not popping up any suggestions?

0 Likes
janellwysock
2 0 0

Is there anyway to turn this cookie off, so that it pops up every time you go on the homepage?

0 Likes