2 different product pictures multiple languages

Zdravko2
Tourist
5 0 1

Hi Shopify community,

Is there a possibility to upload 2 different product pictures and have them shown in multiple languages?

For English, there would be an English product and for the Swedish language, there would be a Swedish one. 

Thank you!

0 Likes
KetanKumar
Shopify Partner
17346 1874 6482

@Zdravko2 

no sorry it's not possible 

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Want to modify or custom changes on store Hire me.
- Feel free to contact me on bamaniyaketan.sky@gmail.com regarding any help
Shopify Expert | Skype : bamaniya.sky
PSD to Shopify | Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Theme Development and Desing | Custom Modifications In to Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing
Zdravko2
Tourist
5 0 1

Oh! But is there an app there to handle this matter? Because our products have different languages on the labels. It is the same product, but it is strange how is that not possible? Thank you very much for your answer.

KetanKumar
Shopify Partner
17346 1874 6482

@Zdravko2 

no sorry doesn't allow Shopify admin 

PSD to Shopify | Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Theme Development and Desing | Custom Modifications In to Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing
Tira
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1001 61 164

Hey, @Zdravko2

Thanks @KetanKumar for chiming in. I wanted to expand on this and provide some insights:

@KetanKumar is correct, there isn’t a way to show a different image on the same product page, when selling in multiple languages. Selling in multiple languages allows you to translate your store’s content and can help with leading to more sales because your internal customers can better understand your marketing, product details, shipping and return policies.

This is a limitation and you can find a list of the limitations of selling in multiple languages here, which include search function (can only be used in the shop’s primary language), only compatible third-party apps can use this feature, tags can’t be translated, and product URLs will remain in the original shop’s language, even when viewed on a different site published in a different language.

I would love to know more about the reason you want this added - are there different marketing requirements for each language, or are you testing product images?

Let me know and I can do some digging or pass your feedback to our developers to consider.

Tira | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

KetanKumar
Shopify Partner
17346 1874 6482

@Tira 

Thanks for more clear and details 

KetanKumar
Shopify Partner
17346 1874 6482

@Zdravko2 

its image with text section doesn't a product

0 Likes
Zdravko2
Tourist
5 0 1

Well, they say it is possible to upload different image for different language. Will check out more about this. Thank you for your reply! 

0 Likes
Zdravko2
Tourist
5 0 1

Hi,

1. Well, we would like to have a English and Swedish label design, so we have 2 different pictures of the same product.

Only that is the reason,  text will be translated, we don't have a problem with that.  

0 Likes