A Long Running Script is Slowing the Site

Highlighted
Tourist
16 0 2

Seconds after our store starts loading, it freezes for a few seconds, both on desktop and mobile. Chrome seems to handle it all right with just a little sluggishness while FireFox and IE complain a lot. The mobile screen becomes unresponsive.

Neither Shopify nor the theme developer can pinpoint to the exact script or app or function that's causing the slowdown. I've disabled a few apps to no avail.

I'd appreciate it if a guru or expert can help locate the offending script or app and suggest a fix. It'd be nice to have reccommendations on diagnostic and debugging tools as well.

Our store is www.kayylo.com.

0 Likes
Excursionist
37 0 7

Hi Ted,

I just opened your website and it looks like the slowdown comes from the Free Gift from Secomapp.
It's just a quick diagnostic, not really sure it's the root of the problem but you can at least try to check this.

By the way it seems that you made a mistake for your links "New Sofas & Free Chairs" and "Local Delivery" under your menu.

Hope it help
Fouad

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
16 0 2

Thanks so much, Fouad. Your diagnosis is spot on. We asked the developer of the Free Gifts app to uninstall it and our store is running smooth now.

The app itself is useful, so we may use it again if the devloper can fix the script.

Also thanks for picking up the link errors. We've just made a domain switch from www.kayylo.com to www.wazofurniture.com. It looks the old links are not automatically redirected.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 2

Hi,

We are having the same exact problem. We cannot customize our theme it is just loading forever.

I would appreciate any help! 

Store: hawaiiansouthshore.com

0 Likes