About Us Page/Help!

Solved
Tourist
34 0 2
Does anyone know how to add a photo above ALL the text on the About us page in Brooklyn Theme? Here is an example on this website’s “About us” Page for what I’m trying to do: Frame-store.com
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
1054 116 170

It shouldn't be a theme specific process. Have a look at the attached screencast.

about-us-banner.gif

Sergiu Svinarciuc | CTO @ visely.io
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
- To learn more about the awesome stuff we do head over to visely.io or our blog
0 Likes

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
356 40 70

Hey, @EcomLove!

I'm Lizzy, one of the Gurus on the support team at Shopify.

@Visely-Team has shared a fantastic guide here for adding an image to your pages, which is the first step!

With Brooklyn however, to make sure that it is at the top of the page you will need to create an alternate page template. This is because Brooklyn includes your Page Title as a header on pages. I'll break down how to create the template below, but once you've got it ready you'll just need to choose the correct template for your About page within the admin. This screenshot shows where that option is. 

To create an alternate page template you can go to Online Store>Themes>Edit Code. From there, this page from our Help Center explains the next steps needed to start the template. 

Once you have the template set up, you'll want to copy the code from your page.liquid file and paste it in. With a small tweak to this you'll have your new template ready to go! The following screenshot shows the area that you'll need to adjust depending on what you would like to see.

In general our teams are not able to offer coding advice, however if you have any questions about these steps please feel free to share them here and I'll be happy to look into them for you. I also wanted to suggest duplicating your theme before making any changes to the theme code. You can do this by going to Online Store>Actions>Duplicate. This way you'll have a backup if anything goes wrong.

As Brooklyn is a Shopify developed theme, if you're not comfortable adjusting the code, our themes team may be able to look into this for you! If you would like me to reach out to them to see if they can help, let me know.

I love that you provided an example of what you're looking to do with your About page! Have you been studying the competition's websites and social media presence to see what could work for your business?

Thank you,
Lizzy

Lizzy | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
34 0 2
I still want the title to be on the page I just want it underneath the photo. Will these steps allow the title to stay on the page?
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
356 40 70

These steps will remove the title entirely. However, because your About page content is created using the rich text editor, you can manually type in the title to be included further down the page! 

Here's an example of how you could set that up in the text editor:

Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions about this!

Lizzy

0 Likes
Tourist
34 0 2
I was able to get this figured out. Now I’m trying to figure out what size Photo I need to resemble this (frame-store.com see their about us page) size for the mobile version of my about us page. Thank you for the help!
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
356 40 70

You're very welcome @EcomLove! I'm happy to hear you got that set up.

While I don't know exactly what size of image that website is using, we do have a section of our Help Center all about Brooklyn. This page specifically talks about images sizes that will work best in the theme.

Feel free to let me know if you have any questions about that!

Lizzy.

0 Likes