About Us page (Debut theme)

Highlighted
Tourist
21 0 2

Hi,

I would like to add a photo to the about us page on my site - I am using the debit theme

Can anyone offer any guidance?

many thanks

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
9522 1198 3348

Hello, @rubyfriday 

Welcome to the Shopify community!
and Thanks for your Good question.

Please share your site URL,
So I will check and provide a solution here.

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Want to modify or custom changes on store Hire me.
- Feel free to contact me on bamaniyaketan.sky@gmail.com regarding any help
Shopify Expert | Skype : bamaniya.sky
PSD to Shopify | Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Theme Development and Desing | Custom Modifications In to Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
105 16 20

Hey @rubyfriday 

Eunice here from the Shopify Community. Thanks for posting!

I understand you're wanting to add a photo to your About Us page. From your message I'm not sure if you already have the About Us page set up, so to cover all bases I've included in my instructions how to add a new page:

From your Shopify admin head to Online Store and then Pages. From here you're then going to add a new page:

tz2vp-v6mkc

Change the title to 'About Us' and then click on the image icon to add your photo:

1satd-drpbl

Upload your photo to your store directly from your device by clicking on Upload file:

7jud2-20ikj

You can also upload your photo via URL if you've used a screenshot tool like Monosnap:

al3sa-lzahe

Insert the image alt text, choose the image size, and then click insert image:

fpzap-c0vik

Add any text, make the image central if you like, then hit save:

fr87t-qk3t4

From here you can then view your new page on the storefront. I also recommend adding the page to your navigation so customers can find the page on your site:

5gwc9-5597i

These are the same instructions for any theme. If you're having any issues with this, or any questions at all please don't hesitate to get back to me here.

Cheers! 

Eunice | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
21 0 2

Thankyou - I have been able to do this now but am struggling a bit with the formatting. I have tried to inset a table in order to structure the page better but the lines of the table are still visible? Is there an easy way to remove these?

Also how can I align the images?

Many thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
105 16 20

@rubyfriday I'm pleased to hear you were able to add an image to your About Page. With regards to the lines in the table, there is no way to remove these without altering the code. There may be a coding expert in the Shopify Community who might be able to help with this. I advise creating a new post to attract attention.

Here's how to align an image from your About Page:

1. click on the image to highlight it

2. click on the edit image icon

gd1sf-6xu5j

From here you can then choose where you'd like the image to be placed by using both the alignment and the spacing tool:

vwv1g-jqtst

Hope this helps. Please don't hesitate to respond here if you have any questions.

Cheers!

Eunice | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes