About Variants

Hailey2
1 0 0

Q1. I can see and use only 3 options in variants. How can I use and add more options over 3 in variants. Because 3 options are not enough for me. I need about 6 options in variants.

Q2. How can I use note or memo blank in variants that allow customer type their special message?

Thank you,

Hailey

0 Likes
Sophia
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
866 57 98

Hi, Hailey.

Sophia here from Shopify. Welcome to the Shopify Community!

Currently, Shopify supports adding up to 100 variants and 3 options (like size, color, and style) per product. To further customize a product, I recommend checking out the product options apps.

Apps like Infinite Options or Bold Product Options will allow you to add more than 3 options per product. These two are paid options that I've heard other merchants have had success with, and they each offer a free trial. There are apps with free plans as well, so you may want to test a few to find out which will work best for your business.

As for the special message, the product options apps can help with this too. The other option is to ask your customers to enter their special message in the order notes section of the cart page. This is an easy, built-in option that will work well if there's only one custom product per order, though it may be more intuitive for customers to enter the message directly on the product page.

Can you tell me a bit about the products you're selling and the options they'll have? I'd love to take a look at an example (either of your own products or of another store you'd like to emulate) so I can get a better understanding of what you need and make sure I'm offering the best recommendations.

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes