Accessing Customer Note in Account.liquid template

Lam1
1 0 0

Hello there,

I've been trying to access the customer note in the customer/account.liquid template.

What I wanted was to make the customer account note visible to the customer, as I want to put the credit money they have on the store on that area.

I've looked on the apps as well tand there was no similiar apps.

I tried to  use the customer.notes and customer.note but it didn't work.

Is there such a way or do I have to contact a developer for that?

0 Likes
tetchi
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
489 0 43

Hey there Lam, sorry for the delay. That's very strange, I am not too sure why {{ customer.note }} won't work. It seems like something that should be doable. 

I'll bring this up with the developers tomorrow so they can take a look!

Thanks for your patience,

tetchi

www.tetchi.ca | www.twitter.com/t3tchi
0 Likes
tetchi
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
489 0 43

I just checked with some devs on this, and it looks like customer.note was never meant to be customer-facing (they're to be used for internal notes that only the shopowner can see). As such it looks like something that cannot be output in the templates.

tetchi

www.tetchi.ca | www.twitter.com/t3tchi
0 Likes
Pedro_Peixoto
Shopify Partner
2 0 3

Hello,

Can this be made possible?

You have tutorials to use the notes as new fields in the registration of the customer.

I can create them. But I can't use them?! 

Confused

It makes sense that the field is made usable, as the remaining of the existing fields.

https://shopify.dev/docs/themes/liquid/reference/objects/customer#customer-tags

https://shopify.dev/tutorials/customize-theme-get-more-information-with-customer-registration-form

0 Likes
tremaineam
1 0 0

So there is no way to make it so that the customer can add additional notes  under there Account? Any apps that would allow this? So far I haven't found anything.  My client would like to be able to communicate with the customer in the order.

0 Likes