Active / Non Active Shipping Rates Idea

Highlighted
22 0 0

Hey Shopify,

Please consider this what I consider to be a simple idea but will make Shopify much better. In shipping settings instead of having shipping rates which are either functioning or removed, cant we add "Active" "Non Active" because for example we can run half price shipping offers by simply adding duplicate shipping but for half the price and call them "50% Shipping Offer" for the same weight range and same location. The customer will see the usual rate and the 50% rate which isnt ideal. If we had "Active" "Inactive" we could click to the 50% rates to have them all active and click to have the standard rates inactive for the weekend... 

In short it sucks to remove all the shipping rates, add 50% Shipping Rates and then on Monday enter all the standard rates back in.. the other choice is display both rates to the customer during checkout which in my opinion also not ideal.

I know there are probably a thousand paid apps out there that will do something like this, but come on Shopify with some small coding changes we wont need them. :-)

Thanks

Charles

0 Likes
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
434 0 77

Hi, Charles!

My name is Jade, I am with the Social Care Team at Shopify.

You bring up a very interesting idea of having an 'active' and 'inactive' shipping rates set up in the admin that you can change over without having to remove your old shipping rates and replace them after your done a promotion. I haven't actually run into a 50% off Shipping discount on a website before. If you've tried it I would love to hear your feedback on how it went and if it increased sales to your website.

I reached out to our Tier 2 Department to find out if there's an alternative that can be done to create a 50% off discount on your shipping settings other than changing them. The closest solution would be if you have one fixed shipping rate for every order and made a discount code for half off of that cost.

For example: If your business has one fixed rate of $10.00 shipping on any order, you can create a discount code for $5.00 off to be applied at the checkout. This wouldn't take the discount code off of shipping but is the closest solution at this time.

This is a great feature request and I've sent it over for consideration to our developers!

Thank you for your feedback! We really appreciate it!

Jade | Social Care

0 Likes