Add Date Picker on product as variant and show in the cart

Highlighted
6 0 0

Hi all,

I am building a ticket-booking store using Shopify, the date picker is a very important variant for the products.  I followed the tutorial on how to code in a Date Picker and successfully add it on the product page.

However, the variant of picked date can't show in the cart page. I tried to follow the tutorial on Get customization information for products to edit the cart-template code, it still doesn't work.

Can anyone please give me some advice?

Thanks in advance~

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
259 3 61

Hi Weilun,

Lisa here from the Social Care Team. 

The tutorial you followed above on how to install the date picker on the cart page, uses the 'cart notes' function which is an important step for transferring the information. Since it is intended to display on the cart page, this is where the customers 'confirm' their order and select the date. This is why you do not have a lot of luck with the date picker on the product page carrying this information over to the cart page. Additionally, the date selected will not show on the order page for you if you use this tutorial on the product page because it must utilize the 'order notes' function. 

What you can do instead, is add the date picker on the product page installed as a variant. To do this first step is to install the free app 'Infinite options' by Shop Pad. This app gives you unlimited variants and is always free! You can then follow this tutorial here to add the date picker as one of the variants. This way, customers can select the date on the product page, this date will show as a variant in the cart and again in the order page you receive.  

Best of luck! Let me know if you have any further questions. 

- Lisa

Lisa | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
6 0 0

Hi Lisa,

It helps a lot, I will try it later. Thank you so much!

0 Likes