Add More than 6 Collections to My Homepage

1 0 0

I am using the Venture theme, but it will only let me have up to 6 collections displayed on my homepage. I am using collections as my main homepage navigation, so I would like to have about 12 collections displayed. Does anyone know how I can add additional collections? Does it require code editing? Have any of you done this before successfully? I would appreciate any help that anyone can give me.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
260 2 39

Hi Curtiss,

Lisa here from the Shopify Support Team. 

It does require coding to show additional collections on the homepage. To do this go to:  Online Store > Themes > Actions > Edit Code > Sections > featured_collections.liquid

Once there take a look for this piece of code:

{
    "name": "Collection list",
    "class": "index-section",
    "max_blocks": 6,
    "settings": [
      {
        "type": "checkbox",
        "id": "stretch_collection_image",
        "label": "Use secondary image layout"
      }

You'll just need to change the 6 to a 12 and hit save. Now you can return to your theme editor to continue adding more collections to your homepage. 

Let me know if you have any questions! 

- Lisa 

Lisa | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
1 0 0

Hi Lisa,

I have had same need and just did change as you guide above. It worked! Thanks. But I encountered an other problem. Before change, the collection cards on homepage showed in grid with image. After change, the collection cards show in list without image. I would like to show them in grid with image. How can I do?

0 Likes
16 0 0

This is not a solution. I guess you didn't test it as it actually breaks things. After implementation the collection tiles do not show any images. Please update as to how to "fix" this solution.

TIA

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
50 1 4

What is your current theme?
And please give your url

Please Like and Accept Solution if you like my solution.
Email: inzaghi.2006@yahoo.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
16 0 0

Website supplied via email and theme is a sectioned theme - Supply.

0 Likes