Add Sku when using "Add Custom Product" During Order Creation

Kloxid
2 0 1

Shopify offers an awesome feature to quickly add a custom product during order creation via the admin panel. However, it only captures the item name and price, not a product SKU. Is there a way to capture a sku when adding a custom product?

I ask because our shipping system ties all products to their SKU. If there is no SKU that product is not picked up.

Thanks!

Jason
Shopify Expert
10260 142 1940

If you're adding a custom product you don't have the option to add a SKU. Any reason why you can't add the product to the store if this is something already set in your 3PL / logistics system?

I jump on these forums to help and share some insights. Not looking to be hired, and not looking for work.

Don't hand out staff invites or give admin password to forum members unless absolutely needed. In most cases the help you need can be handled without that.

★ http://freakdesign.com.au ★
0 Likes
Kloxid
2 0 1

Thanks for the reply. We are a custom manufacturer and make many products to spec. We must have a way to add custom products, even if this is a 'MISC' SKU that we use for custom prodructs.

0 Likes
abrahanbrach
1 0 0

I have the same issue it really sucks 

Whats the big deal shopify should add the SKu inout on the custom order

0 Likes
NaderZ
1 0 0

Sometimes its a product available in our offline store and we do not want to publish it online

0 Likes
jsciabica
Tourist
6 0 6

Same here.  Need a SKU for the custom item.  It should be an optional feild.

0 Likes