Add Tags to Variants?

Tourist
52 0 1

Is it possible to add Tag to variants? I tried but I only figured out how I can add tags to the first product variant

not the variants themselfs

0 Likes
12 0 0

Hello @

I am Sonam here, I am a web developer , i have 5+ year experience in shopify, i can add tag and variants in your store can you share your store link ?
I can check it and update you.

My skype id : sonam12may

Thanks
Sr. Web Developer (Shopify)

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
1781 293 382

Hi @lordlauzi 

Sorry but you can not add tag variants wise, you only tag tag product wise , but if you want use any functionality then you can use variants metafields 

Want to modify or custom changes on store hire me.
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Email: jasoliyabrijesh123@gmail.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
52 0 1
Yes it is about a Text that is Added to My product page if a Tag is attached.
But Not every Text that is added to the first Variant does apply to the Other variants. I would need to add specific Tag to These variants
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
1781 293 382

Then you have to change this code because you can not add tag variants wise as i told you can use variants metafield to manage your text variants wise. 

0 Likes
Tourist
52 0 1

ok i got can I use variant qty instead? i tried but only one text appreared if i used the code.

{%if product.selected_variant.inventory_quantity == 3 %}
  <div class="blue"style="color:blue;width: 100%;  float: left;"><span class="dot2"></span> Im Zulauf</div>
{% endif %}
  {%if product.selected_variant.inventory_quantity == 4 %}
<div class="green" style="color:purple;width: 100%;  float: left;" ><span class="dot34"></span> Kurzfristig beschaffbar</div>
{% endif %}

I want the first div apprearing on the first variant and second on the second they should not show up on both variants do you have any ideas about that?

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
1781 293 382

This code only work for page load but cant work for variants changes, for that you have to add code in variant selectCallback function.

May be you can find in Asset->theme.js, but for that you need Js knowledge 

0 Likes