Add a background image on password page, Debut theme

Highlighted
Pathfinder
100 2 21

Hello guys,

Can anyone help me to add a background image on password page? I am using the debut theme..

Thanks either,

Sermak

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
908 85 162

Hey, @Sermak!

Lulu here from the Shopify Support team. Thank you for getting in touch here, and I'll be more than happy to help you out with your question.

I can definitely see where you are coming from but I just need to make you aware that background images can lead to accessibility issues for visitors that can cause them to leave your site and negatively impact sales. The problem with using a background image is that it's going to make the text on the site difficult to read, lessening the impact of your products and information and this can drive customers and hurt sales. I really recommend you don't use a background image and there is a great article you can read here that explains some of the challenges a background image introduces to a website. 

If this is something you would still like to go ahead with, since you are using a free Shopify theme, this may be something our themes team can help you out with by using your design time. (Read more about design-time here). In order to check your eligibility, I will just need to verify your account. Please let me know if you would like to go ahead with this and I can check it out for you. 

Thank you! 

Lulu | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes