Add a link to a free shipping message

Excursionist
21 0 2

Hi! I've managed to change the "shipping calculated at checkout" message on the products section, to "free shipping". Now I want to link the message to our shipping policies, is that possible?  Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
151 20 24

Hi, @leenaandlu 

I’m Helen, and I work for Shopify. Thank you for your question.

Yes, it is possible to link the “free shipping” text on your Product pages to your shipping policy. To do so, you will add some coding around the wording you have edited in your theme language settings. Let me show you what to do.

From your Shopify admin, please go back to: ‘Online Store > Themes > Actions > Edit Languages > Products’. Replace the text in the Shipping policy html box with one of these options:

• To link both words of ‘Free Shipping’, paste this in the Shipping policy html box:       <a href="{{ link }}">Free Shipping</a>
  • To have the link apply to the word ‘Shipping’ only, please paste this instead:             Free <a href="{{ link }}">Shipping</a>

This piece of coding links directly to the Shipping policy section you have in ‘Settings > Legal’ of your Shopify admin. Any changes made to the shipping policy here will automatically be reflected when your customers click on the link on your Product page.

All the best,

Helen | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
10 0 0

Hi, @Helen !

A follow-up question please. How does one change the link in <a href="{{ link }}">? Basically to make it point to another page instead of the Shipping policy section we have in ‘Settings > Legal’ Thanks!

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
151 20 24

Hey, @louisl7.

Thanks for reaching out! 

The link most often is able to be changed from within your theme code, which can be found in your Shopify admin by going to ‘Online Store > Themes > Actions > Edit Code’

The file and location of this piece of coding, is dependent on your theme. What theme are you using?

If you need a hand identifying it, and you are using one of our free themes, I am happy to ask our theme department if they are able to assist with this. Just let me know.

Otherwise, for assistance with a paid theme, please contact the theme developer directly, or a design expert.

Hope this helps!

Helen | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes