Add a second newsletter with different customer tags

7 0 0
Hi everyone,

I face a critical bug right now.

I have 2 different newsletter on the theme.

Each newsletter tag the client with different tags and makes him accept email marketing.

If a customer applies to one of the newsletter. Every tags apply well.

The problem is, if someone subscribed to Newsletter 1 and try to subscribe also to Newsletter 2, the form cannot proceed successfully. I think maybe its because he already accepts email marketing.

Anyway, the second newsletter tags arent added to the customer profile.

Please help me resolve this important bug. I’ll send a tip via paypal for the right answer.
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
1147 93 141

Hi @WebWeave,

Hope you are doing well!

I came across your post and will try my best to help you out with this bug.

Could you please share your website URL along with other details such as you are using some apps for both the Newsletters or you are adding the customer's email address into Shopify customers because in the latter case, if the email address is added once to the Shopify customers list then it won't be duplicated but if you are using different apps then it should definitely go into the separate list. 

Hope it helps! Looking forward to your response. 

Thanks & Regards
Perennial Solution

Problem Solved?✔️Like and Accept the solution that can help others.
Need any help with theme customization or design? Hire us
Email: infoperennialsolution@gmail.com
0 Likes
7 0 0
Hi Perennial!

In fact I am using a normal newsletter. I duplicated the newsletter to get a second newsletter.

I added different customer tag input for each newsletter.

So when a customer subscribes, yes he goes directly to shopify.

I was thinking about adding an IF condition that if the customer.email already exists, it only append extra tags to the existing customer.

How do you think we could do that?

The store isnt live right now I’m building a new theme and its the last critical bug to fix before I can send it to shopify -_-
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
1147 93 141

Hi @WebWeave,

Thanks for providing details. Well, unfortunately this is not possible in Shopify to add an extra tag to existing customer email address. 

I would recommend you to add MailChimp as one of the Newsletter subscription so that customer email address can go to two separate lists.

Hope it helps!

Thanks & Regards
Perennial Solution

Problem Solved?✔️Like and Accept the solution that can help others.
Need any help with theme customization or design? Hire us
Email: infoperennialsolution@gmail.com
0 Likes