Add an url link on my shopping product

Solved
Tourist
10 0 0

Hi there,

I would like to add an url link to an other page of the website below the choice list products and above the "add to cart" button.

Do you know how to do that ? I don't want to have the product description appear. Just want to add the link to the shipping conditions.

Capture d’écran 2019-10-04 à 11.45.40.png

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
501 26 68

Hey @MarineLundiGo!

Ava here from Shopify.

Can I ask how you would like the link to appear? For example, did you want it to appear as another button above the Add to Cart button? Or as a line of text that the customer can click on to be directed to the other product? There is an option to add a line of text to the product description, then add a link to that text. 

Would that option work for you? Product descriptions can be important for your store's SEO, as well as a way to persuade the customer to buy your product. Can I ask why you would not like a product description?

Ava

Social Care

Ava | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes

Hello 

Yes you can add link you want to give static link?

Want to modify or incorporate custom changes on store, Hire us.
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution .
Email: pallavi@oscprofessionals.com
Free Review and advice for sale on store | Shopify Private App | Custom Theme Development | Custom Modifications In To Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing | Site Speed Optimization | Performance Site Audit
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
501 26 68

Thanks for the quick response! I'm not quite sure what you mean, could you clarify for me? Did you want this to be a link that is added to your product template so that it appears on every product page in your store? If you could give me some more detail on how you would like the page to look, I can definitely look into some options for you. Can I ask what theme you are currently using? 

Thanks!

Ava

Social Care

0 Likes

The above solution you have suggested they have to add link in all product description right? if they wan't to give same link to all product page they can use static link on product page.

Free Review and advice for sale on store | Shopify Private App | Custom Theme Development | Custom Modifications In To Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing | Site Speed Optimization | Performance Site Audit
0 Likes
Tourist
10 0 0

Hi Ava,

I want the link as a line of text that the customer can click on to be directed to another page of our website (shipping policy).

I don't want it in the product description because on our homepage there is a quick access to our product, you can choose your product on our homepage or directly on the product page. Consequently, if we put the link in the product description and we let it appear, it will appear to much text for me. I just want we see the link.

In each place of our website where we have an "add to cart" product, I want the link here (see image): 

Capture d’écran 2019-10-04 à 14.38.10.png

Do you have an app which allow us to see the code as a mirror of what we are writing (without going through the code theme, templates etc...) ? As the article blogs. 

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
501 26 68

Thanks for clarifying, @oscprofessional! For this, you could add a link here on your product page. I can show you how to do this!

1. Log into your Shopify admin and select Online Store > Themes

2. Select Actions > Edit Code

3. Scroll to the 'Sections' part of the theme code on the right-hand sidebar menu and select product-template.liquid.

4. Here you can add some code to your product template. I'd recommend searching for "<div class="product-form__item product-form__item--quantity">" and adding this piece of code above this div class:

Click here to view our <a href="/pages/shipping-policy">shipping policy</a>

Here, you would swap the "/pages/shipping-policy" part out for the link you want there! Is your shipping policy created on a page on your website? Or how have you created it?

5. Save changes!

Could you give that a go and let me know how you get on? Speak soon!

Ava

Social Care

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
501 26 68

Hi, @MarineLundiGo!

The same method I mentioned above should also work for you. I'd recommend searching for the div class for the Add to Cart button and place the code above that. Can I ask what theme you are using? 

Speak soon!

Ava

Social Care

0 Likes

Success.

Add this code above add to cart button in 

Online Store-> Themes -> Edit code->Sections->product.template.liquid

<div class="product-form__item product-form__item--quantity"> above this code

<a href="https://blog.hubspot.com/marketing/web-forms" rel="noopener noreferrer" target="_blank">Shopping Link</a>

Give your page url in href as shown above.

1 Like
Tourist
10 0 0

Hi,

In fact, I can't find this code <div class="product-form__item product-form__item--quantity"> in the product-template.liquid or in the featured-product.liquid. How can I do ?

Our theme is Parallax version 3.5.7.

Thank you.

0 Likes