Add comment section in the Checkout Form (Debut Theme)

Jose13
Shopify Partner
114 1 13

I've already seen plenty of tutorials for adding form fields in the cart page, but I need to add a comment field to the checkout form or shipping method selection page.  Is there any way to do this?

0 Likes
Elle
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1030 76 166

Hi, Jose

Elle here from Shopify. 

As the checkout is highly secure; there's no option to add additional sections or customize the checkout at this time. 

Would you mind explaining further why you do not wish to add the additional note field to the cart page? I can take your feedback to our developers for consideration. 

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Elle | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Jose13
Shopify Partner
114 1 13

Hi Elle,

Main reason is because I have two buttons on my product page, the Add to cart, and the Shop Now. Shop Now works as a shortcut that takes you directly to the checkout page without reviewing your cart. I want to add the comment field there so everyone can add comments if needed regardless the button they clicked. The comment field is for especial delivery instructions, and/or info that our customers need to provide for a special kind of invoice that includes the customer tax profile.

Is there some kind of workaround for this? 

Thanks!

mariekedegoeij
Tourist
9 0 1

I have this same issue,

Did you ever get feedback?

(I want people to be able to put a comment in, as they gift the product to a friend)

(I only have 1 product - a book - so people click 'buy direct' in stead of cart)

0 Likes
bcollar29
1 0 0

Was there an answer for this? 

0 Likes
SchooltechADV
1 0 0

I am also having this issue.

When one of our customers is ordering via a purchase order they need to add their PO# to the order. This is typically done during the checkout process. It is very inconvenient for our customers to have to go back to their shopping cart to enter the PO# in the comments after they have already started checking out.

We also use a request for quote app that bypasses the shopping cart page and goes straight to checkout.

It makes no sense for the comment section to be on the shopping cart page rather than in checkout.

There should also be an option to add a purchase order field to checkout. We can include purchase order as a payment option, so it only makes sense to provide a spot to enter the PO#.

,Matt

0 Likes
mymaccrack
2 0 0

This is a very nice software 

0 Likes
mymaccrack
2 0 0

The easiest and most efficient way to use your Mac is simply the Liquid 2021 Crack Mac. You’ll wonder how you’ve ever lived without one of those utilities that you can’t live without until you start using it.

Liquid for mac crack commands become so easy you’re going to start speeding through your files, you’re going to function at the speed of thinking, not at the speed of clicking for icons.

0 Likes
BdaRock
3 0 0

Did you ever get this resolved.  Need it for the exact reasons you stated.

Thanks

0 Likes
mariekedegoeij
Tourist
9 0 1
You can add a comment to the cart (so before checking out) - not ideal but better than nothing.my shipment fulfillment agency prints this comment on the receipt with the product now
0 Likes