Add custom fonts

Shopify Partner
2 0 1

I've found a few articles on adding fonts. I think they're a bit dated. I'm using the Simple theme, does anyone have a suggestion?

Thanks -Ken

1 Like
Community Manager
Community Manager
2262 146 306

Hi there, 

Nick here from Shopify. 

Do you mean the Shopify articles about adding fonts? If not you can find the Shopify guides on all things to do with fonts below:

There is also a good app in the Shopify app store called Fontify that you might find useful. 

If you were referring to a Shopify article above, can you say what you found outdated and I can make our team aware. 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
2 0 1

Nick, all your links are redirected to the same page that does not really tell anything how to install custom font. I think it's outdated. Do you have an up-to-date how to use Typekit font on shopify themes? 

I look forward to your answer 

Br,

Piotr

1 Like
7 0 0

Did you ever get an answer on adding custom fonts?

0 Likes
1 0 0

Has anyone found a resolution for this? All attempts we've made to add a custom font have ultimately ended up breaking the theme. We are just looking to use a custom font for H1, H2 and H3. 

Thanks for any help!

0 Likes
4 0 0

Hi,

Have your read this article?

how-do-i-add-a-custom-font-to-my-theme

This gives you pretty clear instructions.  I'll add a bit more to the steps.

Step 1 - get the woff and woff2 files. You can use https://www.fontsquirrel.com/tools/webfont-generator to generate these files using an .otf file. 

In the last part of Step 2 - use the selectors you want:

h1,h2,h3 {font-family: "name-of-font"}

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any more questions!

Best,

Sharon

0 Likes