Add description text under Products title on Collection list.

Desdinova
8 0 0

I have seen several versions of this question, but I can't seem to find exactly what I'm looking for.

I have my products set to LIST instead of GRID.  The TITLE is the link to the products page.  I'd like to have the description show under the title.  I've done several code hacks to get the store the way I need it, but this one is eluding me.  I can't figure out which code page takes care of displaying this.

Here is a mockup of what I'm trying to do.
before-after.jpg

0 Likes
Hi please provide your store url
Which theme you are using ?

MS Web Designer  | Top Rated Shopify Experts in Singapore
20,000+ Tasks Completed | 1500+ Happy Clients

Want to Improve Shopify Store Speed, Redesign or custom changes, or Small tweaks on store hire me.Try Our Free Shopify App
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution

0 Likes
Desdinova
8 0 0

@MS_WEB_DESIGNER wrote:
Hi please provide your store url
Which theme you are using ?

https://fresh-food2u.com/

Debut

0 Likes
Desdinova
8 0 0

For anyone else that might be looking, the file that needed the description code was the product item snippet. 

0 Likes
Sheree95
2 0 0

Hi, 

Are you able to elaborate on how you can have it so it has different description text per product under the title? 

Thanks in advance. 

0 Likes
Desdinova
8 0 0

In the file "product-card-list.liquid" I inserted the line  "<span class="product-card__description">{{ product.description }}</span>" right under the similar looking line that just contains the title "product.description."  It was about line 16 in my code.

Also, to make it look pretty, in "theme.scss.liquid" I added the new class "product-card__description."   My code is 

.product-card__description {
font-size: .7em;
display: block;
font-weight: 600;

0 Likes
Sheree95
2 0 0
Thank you so much! I will give this a go:)
0 Likes

HI, 
Kindly check the response below!

MS Web Designer  | Top Rated Shopify Experts in Singapore
20,000+ Tasks Completed | 1500+ Happy Clients

Want to Improve Shopify Store Speed, Redesign or custom changes, or Small tweaks on store hire me.Try Our Free Shopify App
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution

0 Likes