Add dropdown menu on checkout page

2 0 0

Is it possible to add a dropdown menu on shipping address section of checkout page.

Since, we provide hundred pickup point to my customers.

Thanks!!!!

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
28 0 1

Hey Tim! Alida here from Shopify.

Just so I understand, is your goal to have it so in the shipping address field in the checkout, you have your customers select a pick-up location from a drop-down list of locations? With the intent that this address is used by the checkout instead of their home address so the customer can pick-up only? And are you looking to offer the option of pick-up in tandem with shipping to the customer, or intstead of?

If so, it's not something natively supportable on the Shopify platform, at least not in the checkout; our checkouts are locked down in terms of what can be customized in the forms used to capture customer data. The reason for this lock down is to ensure our checkouts remain secure and PCI compliant. You could, alternatively, capture this information with additional line items in the cart page, which would allow you to capture the pick-up information in the cart, and it would store on the customer's order as an order note so you and your staff could see the information at-a-glance in the orders admin. 

I hope this helps! 

0 Likes
4 0 0

It is very bad, since I need to use a field to select a Branch with which the shipment of a product will be priced by means of a postal service, this is equivalent to having to show a Carrier with all branches, but hoooo .. I can't charge on time, since shopify only waits 10 seconds, that is, it doesn't help your security at all ....

0 Likes