Add in Custom Text to a footer in Simply Theme

Highlighted
1 0 0

I am using the theme Simple

I am Trying to Add my company details in my footer on the right hand side via some code but I am struggling to find where data lives in the theme editor.

I want to reduce the vertical spacing so they have similar spacing to the 'Links' on the left hand side of the image.

I would like the Newsletter Centred Also

I am fairly confident at edit code & was wondering if there are any Guru's that could advise?

Thanks in advance,

Current code in the theme.liquid layout

{% section "footer" %}

{%- if template.name == 'index' -%}
      <p id="slideshow-info" class="visually-hidden" aria-hidden="true">
        {{- 'homepage.slideshow.navigation_instructions' | t -}}

</p>
    {%- endif -%}

</div>

{% if template.name == 'product' or template.name == 'index' %}
    {{ 'option_selection.js' | shopify_asset_url | script_tag }}
    <script>
      // Set a global variable for theme.js to use on product single init
      window.theme = window.theme || {};
      theme.moneyFormat = {{ shop.money_format | json }};
      theme.productSingleObject = {{ product | json }};
    </script>

{% endif %}

image.png

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
474 27 67
Hey, there. 

Dallas here from the Social Care Team

Although I'm not the guru who'll be able to give you the specifics on how to master the code for the footer in your theme I did want to give you some tools that'll hopefully help you! 

Our general support here at Shopify isn't trained in code customizations, but I did talk to a member of our themes team who said they'd be willing to take a look and see if they can customize this into your site for you. Since you're using a theme made by Shopify you're entitled to 60 minutes of free design time so this wouldn't actually cost you anything. They wanted me to make sure to let you know that they can't guarantee they'll be able to get this done, but they can look to see what they can do for you. 

In order to do that I'll have to send you an email so that we can start to take the steps in order to verify your account. Please just let me know if you'd like me to go ahead and start that process. 

The other option would be to reach out to the Shopify Experts. They're also trained in coding and other customizations so they should be able to help you with getting this adjusted in your footer. If you'd rather contact them instead or if you have other customizations that you want to get done all at once you can certainly contact them if you prefer.

Please let me know if you want me to send this up to our themes team. 

Best, 

Dallas | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes