Add list of products to Venture homepage

Excursionist
11 0 4

Hello, how do I add a long list of products to my homepage on venture theme? I've tried using a collection, but it only lists a max. of 3 products per collection on mobile. Is there any way to edit the code so I can display as much products as I want in a collection on the homepage for mobile?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
190 36 41

Hello 

{% assign mobile_product_limit = true%}

to this

{% assign mobile_product_limit = false %}

Thanks

Want to modify or custom changes on store hire me.
My Email: guleriathakur43@gmail.com
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
If you happy and want to donate small, click here: Paypal
1 Like
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
519 33 72

Hey, there.

Dallas here from the Shopify Social Care team. I'd love to help you out.

I have a couple of options for you to look at. The first would be along the same lines that you were referring to. If you add multiple lines of the collection feature then you could have multiple rows with three items wide. Then you could have as many as you wanted really. I will add that this would make the changes for both the desktop version and the mobile version of your website. If you want it just for your mobile then I'll have to reach out to our themes team. 

The other option would be for me to reach out to our themes team and see if this is something that they could build for you. I can't make any promises, but the best part is that it's free with design time. Since you're using a Shopify theme then your entitled to 60 minutes of free design time.

If you didn't want to go that route then you could talk with the Shopify Experts. They're very talented when it comes to building custom things like this.

However, I do want to add that adding a large number of products isn't always the best route to go. Product pages are great for listing out products and home pages are generally best for creating a storyline of your brand and convincing your customers why they should buy. It's best to think of your home page as a welcome mat, not the open house itself. It's good to have some products on the home page, but use it as an intro rather than showing your customers all that you have to offer because this will prevent them from going to other pages on your website. This link is great for sharing information tips on how to maximize the use of your homepage. With that said I'm still willing to send this up to the themes department to see what they can do.

Is there a reason in particular that you're looking to add a large list of products to your home page?

Dallas | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Excursionist
11 0 4
I thought if I showed more clothes from a collection, there'd be more people clicking through. My store is urbankingsapparel.com. Would you recommend having the list of products on homepage or not? Thank you for your answer :)
0 Likes
Excursionist
11 0 4
Thank you!
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
519 33 72

In theory that would be the case, but in reality, it generally just clutters up your home page and overwhelms your customers. There's nothing wrong with adding some products to your home page, but I would stick with 1-2 featured products and one row of featured collections. That way it's showing your customers what you have, but they have to move around your site to see all of it. If you bring them into the inner collection pages they're also going to be exposed to even more items that they could potentially buy rather than only seeing what is on the homepage. 

All of this will be in a more organized setting so your customers will feel more in control of their shopping experience rather than just having a large number of items thrown in their faces. Does that make sense?  

So, for your home page, you're going to want to add items to catch your customer's attention and pull them further into your store. I like the first image that you have, but the amount of individual items that you have on your home page is a lot to take in visually. I know I personally just skimmed over everything, and that isn't something you really want your customers to do. 

The image under "Retro Clothing"  is a bit blurry. I suggest changing the image to a higher quality pixel size (around 2048 px). 

This section is good:

2019-10-mjvly-47p95

I also suggest you keep the "About Urban-Kings" section and the "Follow Me" section. They're good for extra info and captivating content. You want your customers to really get to know you and those things help to do that.

If you're wanting to showcase more of your products try using some more of the features available on the homepage with the venture theme, since that looks like the theme you're using. "Text Columns with Images" are a great option, you could add a review or even "Multiple Link Blocks". All of these would help to boost the visuals on your homepage without seeming too redundant. 

If you want to add some of those in and let me know when you've done it I'd be happy to look over your store again.  

Dallas | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes