Add more nested menu items on navigation menu

gwilliams
Pathfinder
153 0 34

Hello

I am looking at expanding my navigation menu further to give users/customers a better shopping experience. Currently I think my theme is limited to 3 as when I create and drag a new menu item to a subcategory it doesn't like it.

e.g. for example - 

Shop > By Product Type > Components > Brackets
Shop > By Brands > Sollux Lighting > Plafonds

Reply 1 (1)

Helen
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1425 174 285

Hey, @gwilliams! Thanks for reaching out. The navigation menu is a core feature and can have two levels of nested drop down menus under the main item. (See out Help Doc on Nesting menu items to build drop down menus for more information about this). Therefore, if you’d like to create a more elaborate navigation menu, I have two suggestions for how you can do so:

Each of these app suggestions has a free trial period (and a free plan, based on how many features you’d like to use). So, if any of them look like it will suit your needs, you’re welcome to install it on your store and try it out. The Help Doc on Working with apps will be helpful if you need a hand with actions such as installing or uninstalling an app. However, if you find yourself in need of any app specific assistance, for example you’d like to know more about the features or need help setting up the menu, then please contact the app developer directly. 

Hope you find this information helpful. Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.