Add or Include Static Footer Email Notifications

Highlighted
Excursionist
24 0 4

Is there a way to include a piece of text or html code to the footer of every email notification?
We need to include some terms/conditions/legal stuff to bottom of the email notifications that customers get. I would love to be able to update those in one place and have them included like a snippet instead of having to edit each notification if and or when those disclaimers and stuff need to be updated.
I did try creating a snippet and include that into the email ( {% include "purchase-agreements" %} ), but that doesn't work at all.
Does anyone know of a way to get around that or am I stuck editing each notification separately?

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
529 0 46

Hey, Soren!

My name is Alex, I'm a guru here at Shopify!

The variables you can use in your notification templates are right over here - that being the case, creating a snippet for it in your theme code wouldn't work, I'm sorry to say.  As it's possible to insert a link in those notifications, would it work for your needs to put a link to a page in your store with the relevant information?  Once the page has been created, you would then simply be able to update the page, and all your notifications would then link to the new information - something like this, for example:

If that's not going to work for you, I might suggest reaching out to one of our third party Experts for hire to see if they can create another solution for you - you can see our listing of those experts right over here!

Hope that's helped!  Please feel free to give us a call or start a live chat at any time, we're open 24/7 for your convenience and always happy to assist!

Cheers,

Alex | Shopify Guru

0 Likes
Excursionist
24 0 4

Thanks! Unfortunately, a link just isn't good enough for our legal department.

1 Like
Excursionist
18 0 1

I second the request for includes in email notifications.  I use conditional content that appears under the product title on the product page, in the cart, and in the order-notification email.  The first two places get the content from an include.  Having to go into the notifications and recreate the content (in both order-confirmation and draft-invoice) is a pain.

0 Likes