Add page numbers in addition to "Next" and "Previous" - Debut Theme

Highlighted
3 0 0

Hey guys, looking for some assistance on this.

I'm using the Debut Theme and I want to include navigatable page numbers either in addition to the "Next" and "Previous" page buttons or just as itself. I have some experience with HTML and CSS but Liquid is essentially brand new to me as I just started this project within the last 2 months, although I am getting the hang of the language rather quickly. I've tried searching through these community forums, on google as a whole, and looking at the pagination reference page from Shopify with no luck.

Does anyone have any pointers? I'm not necessarily looking for you to do all the work as I would like to learn this as well.

Thanks in advance, Logan

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
431 29 83

You can use the Paginate object to get the current page. Then add +1 to show the next page number (and use the paginate.next variable for the url), etc.

Founder of Speed Boostr (Shopify optimization and dev agency).
Creator of Order Automator (app that auto fulfills orders, adds tags, emails).
Creator of Shopify Analyzer (free performance analysis tool).
I also build custom apps and automated solutions.
Enjoy the adventure!
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
899 91 167

Hey there, @lclose 

Bo here from Shopify Support! 

I checked in with our theme team regarding this as Debut is a Shopify Supported theme. They were able to confirm that this is a customization that would qualify as apart of your 60 minutes of free design time. The coding of this is rather lengthy and complicated, and so, they would like to do this for you. If you would like me to go ahead and escalate this to our team for you, please do let me know and I can reach out to you via email.

All the Best,

Bo

Bo | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
3 0 0

Thank you for the link! I'll keep reading through that Pagination reference page and see if it starts making sense to me.

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hey Bo,

I would like to learn this on my own at the moment, as this has been a goal of mine since I was a freshman in high school web design a few years back, but if it proves to continue stumping me I will for sure take you up on that offer!

0 Likes