Add product variants without separate stock levels

Solved
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi, 

I am selling pens with engraving service . I let customers choose font (as product variants) and enter text to be engraved before they add to cart.

However the problem is that Shopify treat each font as separate product and keep track separate stock levels for each font. Could anyone help me with this issue please, I don't want to track stock level of each font variant, I want to track stock level of the pens only, because they are all the same before they are engraved.

Thank you

0 Likes

Success.

Shopify Partner
199 23 28

Hey, I am not sure I understand completely the issue. Are you using line item properties for the text that the customer wants to engrave? If so, you could also use properties for the font and create a dropdown selector. Then you will be able to have only one product with multiple properties.

If you want we could have a deeper look for you. Just write us at info@webmefy.com and we would love to help you.

We help you achieve your Goals! Visit us on: Webmefy.com
1 Like
Highlighted
3 0 0

Thank you very much for your solution, I did a type field for line item properties but I didn't remember there was also a drop down option. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi gseilei, do you know how to add to the price when customer choose an option in drop down line item properties. 

For example, when customer choose to engrave a products, price would increase $10. 

Thank you!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
199 23 28

My first idea, would be to have two variants for the product, one with engraving and the second without, both with different prices. You can show the product and then the option with or without engraving. If the customer select with engraving, then you display the engraving form, with a value that would be stored as line item property. 

We help you achieve your Goals! Visit us on: Webmefy.com
0 Likes