Solved

Add search icon to Venture theme mobile

Ellibelle
Explorer
64 0 18

Hello,

I'm looking to add the search icon to my website homepage on the mobile version?

It currently shows on desktop but not mobile, any help would be most appreciated.

My site is - ellibellejewellery.com

Accepted Solution (1)

dmwwebartisan
Shopify Partner
12289 2547 3698

This is an accepted solution.

@Ellibelle 

Please add the following code at the bottom of your assets/theme.scss.liquid file.

@media only screen and (max-width: 749px){
.site-header__search {display: block !important;}
}

Hope this works.
Thanks!

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution | Email: dmw.webartisan@gmail.com |  Instagram: @dmw.webartisan
Check here PageFly App to customize your pages | #1 Product Filter & Search app on Shopify | The most powerful Shopify page builder app

View solution in original post

Replies 8 (8)

dmwwebartisan
Shopify Partner
12289 2547 3698

This is an accepted solution.

@Ellibelle 

Please add the following code at the bottom of your assets/theme.scss.liquid file.

@media only screen and (max-width: 749px){
.site-header__search {display: block !important;}
}

Hope this works.
Thanks!

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution | Email: dmw.webartisan@gmail.com |  Instagram: @dmw.webartisan
Check here PageFly App to customize your pages | #1 Product Filter & Search app on Shopify | The most powerful Shopify page builder app
Ellibelle
Explorer
64 0 18

Thank you very much!

maxlime
Excursionist
18 0 5

Hi

Thanks for your code. On our website it adds a search box that covers the logo. Is there a way to only show an icon instead? Venture theme.

Thanks

angeliesmith
Visitor
3 0 0

angeliesmith_0-1644902180964.png

Hi 

I am trying to edit the code for the Brooklyn theme. How to add the code for a search icon to appear on each page ? I see the code already on the previous thread. I'd like to make a  request for a screenshot or the specific tab to click to get on the page where to change or add the code. 

Thank you for the help. 

angeliesmith
Visitor
3 0 0

Hi is there a response to my question yet? I don't seem to see it on the thread 

vld
6 0 0

Is it possible to make the search bar appear under the header? Because with this given code it covers my logo. Thanks

angeliesmith
Visitor
3 0 0

Hi thank you for the response regarding the code. 

I added it on the theme section, but this is the comment "

SCSS support is deprecated in themes

Convert .scss and .scss.liquid files to .css or .css.liquid for a better performing online store and theme editor."

Can you help me fix this please? I wanted a search button on each page of my website. My website is AngelieSmith.com

Thank you 

angeliesmith_0-1645722045768.png

maxlime
Excursionist
18 0 5

Hi, thanks for your code. The solution however covers the logo on mobile view. 
Could you offer a solution where only a search icon is shown instead? 

Thanks