Add show/hide button to custom section in page template

Tourist
20 0 3

So a developer made some sections available in some page templates in my store. However there is no eye button to show/hide the section for any of these templates, as the one that shows on all sections in the homepage. How can I add this hide/show button to be able to manually hide them if necessary?

Thanks.

0 Likes
2 0 0

Bump

0 Likes
Tourist
6 0 1

I would love to know this too!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Astronaut
834 94 177

I'm not entirely sure, but I'm pretty sure that this has to do with the fact that any section on your homepage is going to be a dynamic section, whereas the one's on your page-templates are probably static. I just made a dynamic section for a store and my section has the "view/hide" eye, and I did nothing special to it to get that functionality. Right now, you can only include dynamic sections on the homepage, though they are currently working on "Sectioned Themes" -- it's basically in "beta" mode, they are making adjustments based on developer feedback. This will allow you to have access to dynamic sections on pages other than just the homepage. I'm unsure if this is going to be able to be applied to older themes or if shopify will come out with some new free options after everything is cleaned up. 

If you'd like to make any edits to your store, please send me a personal message and we can discuss what you'd like to accomplish :D
1 Like