Add subscription option to contact us form

Solved
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
5 0 1

Hi, Is it possible to add subscribe to Newsletter checkbox to shopify contact us form? 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Success.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
2869 209 469

Hi @Nalinda,

Nick here from Shopify. Great question! 

In regard to adding additional checkboxes to the Newsletter sign-up form or to the cart page, specifically, the checkbox function is unable to gather or store the information that is required under the GDPR, so it would not provide any meaningful benefit to add it to your site. This means that adding the checkbox remains as an unsupported customization under the Shopify Design Policy  With that being said, if you would still like to move forward with a double opt-in checkbox, you can do so and your best bet would be to have something custom made by a Shopify expert as a small task. You can see the small task expert directory from here

Something else to note is that Shopify does what it can to set you up for success, there are also steps you will need to take on your own. If you have legal questions specific to your obligations under the GDPR, your best next step would be to consult with a local lawyer who is familiar with data protection laws in your locality. For some more information on GDPR in general, Shopify created a helpful document with some details about it, which you can read here

I hope this helps and points you in the right direction for the best next steps with this. 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify Out of Office until May 27th
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like