Add subtitle to an item in Cart?

Tourist
13 0 0

I'm looking to add a quick note on certain items that show up in the cart. I was thinking that adding a subtitle would work well but cant seem to find any way to even add a subtitle. I dont mind if the subtitle is added to the product page either but having it show in cart is important. Is there any app or code I can add to achieve this?

Basically I'm offering a free item on every order, the free item gets automatically added to the cart using an app but if you remove the free item from cart it can cause issues on the order. I'd like to add a quick subtitle to customers to ask not to remove the free gift while in he cart.

0 Likes

follow this :https://help.shopify.com/en/themes/customization/products/features/get-customization-information-for...

you can add extra input on product page .that input out will be show on cart on .

Shopify theme developer and customization

I Would like to add new functionality or customize an existing one, please hire me.
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution .
Email: ashiquehussaincodediary@gmail.com

1 Like
Shopify Expert
2505 420 529

Hi @Dunne08 

You can do it like bellow

1. Open you product that you are adding free product with this.

2. Add tag "add_free_item".

3. open Section->product-template.liquid and add bellow code:

{% assign check_item='false' %}
{% for tag in product.tags %} {% if tag contains 'add_free_item' %} {% assign check_item='true' %} {% endif %} {% endfor %}

{% if check_item =='true' %}
<input type="text" name="properties[Note:]" value="Don't remove this item to get free product">
{% endif %}

Note: so if your product contain this tag then you cart will sow line item as note.

Want to modify or custom changes on store hire me.
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Email: jasoliyabrijesh123@gmail.com
Want to get Free review and advice for sale on store ?? just text me here
1 Like
Tourist
13 0 0

Thanks for the code! It did add the line item to the product page but it doesnt show up in cart, is there some code I must add to the car.liquid aswell?

0 Likes
Shopify Expert
2505 420 529

send me your store url i will check, basically in theme code already presents but i think any issue occurred. 

Want to modify or custom changes on store hire me.
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Email: jasoliyabrijesh123@gmail.com
Want to get Free review and advice for sale on store ?? just text me here
0 Likes
Tourist
13 0 0

Thanks for the response, I am going to try this and see if it works..

0 Likes