Add to Card Button intermittently disappearing. Out of ideas, need help.

Highlighted
3 0 0

We are reaching out to the community for some help as we are at a complete loss, and so is everyone else we have spoken to so far

We use the Out of the Sandbox Turbo theme and have had some customisation completed by a developer. It came to our own attention a while back that the 'add to cart' button was intermittently disappearing and the only way to get it back was by clearing your browser cookies. It would then be weeks or months until it happened again. Since we noticed it we have had numerous customers contact us saying the same thing and have lost sales because of it. It looks to happen on all browsers (Chrome, Safari & IE) and all operating systems (Mac OS & Windows)

A few weeks ago there was a new base theme update with new features like the dynamic checkout buttons so we asked our developer to add the customisation and hoped that this would fix the issue. Sadly this has not been the case and the button is still disappearing on the updated theme (not published)

Today we installed a new fresh un customised theme and hey presto the issue seems to be fixed as previewing the recently updated one we got the add to cart button to disappear this evening and it immediately came back when previewing the fresh one.

We do have several apps like, Bold product discount, Yotpo and Recharge (the only one that has any possible involvement in the add to cart area of the code, we have reached out to them today to see if they have seen this before. It looks like they havent). None of these apps have been installed on the freshly installed theme, its completely vanilla.

Is there anyone that could cast an eye over a product page (link below) and see if they can spot anything please as nobody else has been able to find anything that could be doing this. We're concerned that we have lost a number of sales because of this ongoing issue so really need to get it resolved.

Thank you in advance

Some screenshots of the updated theme first with the add to cart button missing and then the vanilla theme below with it showing as normal

E3BEBF302C97483A83A8854E2AF7A7C3.pngupdated theme with add to cart missing

8A17D200D4BE4EE98CA23932C93FCEA2.pngfreshly installed vanilla theme with add to cart button immediately back when previewing the theme

0 Likes
Pathfinder
98 12 27

Do you have a link to the site with the add to cart button that disappears?

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
1657 278 347

Hi,

Send your current store url where "Add to cart" not showing, i will check.

Want to modify or custom changes on store hire me.
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Email: jasoliyabrijesh123@gmail.com
0 Likes
3 0 0

Sorry for not including a link, here is a link to the product in the image:

https://barksandbunnies.co.uk/products/ruffwear-front-range-harness

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
1657 278 347

I think its working fine on my side.

add to cart.png

0 Likes
3 0 0

As per my original post, the problem is intermittent so it does not always disappear. Did you look at any of the code? and see if you could see any problems?

Thanks for your help

0 Likes
2 0 0

Does anybody know how to solve this. The same thing happened to me using Recharge.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
1657 278 347

Hi @AmyBandB 

Send me your store url so i can check

0 Likes
2 0 0
Hi, customer support sorted it out but thanks for replying.
Best regards,
Ben
0 Likes