Add to Cart button

2 0 0

Using the Simple theme. I have selected "Stay on current page when item is added to cart", but after clicking Add to Cart on the product page, adds item to cart and stays on the product page (which I want it to do) but the Add to Cart button disappears and only a View Cart button shows. Customer can change a variant for the same item but then can't add to cart.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
831 84 159

Hey there, @rogerbanny 

Bo here from Shopify Support! 

This kind of sounds like the expected behavior of the theme. When a customer adds an item to their cart the button should change to a "View Cart" button, however, it should also turn back as soon as a customer clicks any of the variant buttons on the page or even the quantity button. Can you test this out and see if this is the case? If it is not, there is indeed something wrong with your theme. Have you made any changes to your theme's code recently? What apps have you recently added or removed as of late? When did you notice this error begin? If you could also share a link to your store that would be great. 

What I would always first recommend in cases like this is rolling the affected theme file back to older versions to see which theme edit caused the issue. You can read up on this here

I look forward to hearing from you,

Bo

Bo | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
2 0 0

Bo,

Thank you for your reply. I contacted Shopify and they took care of it. It was an issue with the theme. Thanks again,Roggybanny.

0 Likes