Add unique link in transaction email?

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 0

Hi,

I'm launching a product soon where we will be creating a personalized video for the customer based on info they give us. I'm looking for a way to automatically add the link to the file in a transaction email when it's ready. We're thinking of hosting the video on either google drive or some sort of cloud storage. If we use google drive, there's a script I can run to export all the links into a spreadsheet. Is there anyway for the email to grab the link from that spreadsheet? I'd really like to find a way to avoid copying and pasting links into emails if possible.

Does anyone know of a way to do this, or point me in the right direction?

Thanks

0 Likes

Success.

Shopify Partner
1054 115 170

Unfortunately, you cannot do any fetching from spreadsheets from Shopify's default notification emails. What you can do is go by a convention and build/upload the video to a personalized URL (google drive or any other cloud storages) to say include the order number (i.e. https://drive.google.com/drive/u/2/folders/videos/<orderNumber>) and build that URL in the email notification code, something like:

<a href="https://drive.google.com/drive/u/2/folders/videos/{{transaction.order_id}}">Your Video</a>
Sergiu Svinarciuc | CTO @ visely.io
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
- To learn more about the awesome stuff we do head over to visely.io or our blog
1 Like
Tourist
3 0 0

Good idea, thanks. I think that'll work perfectly.

Do you know which email I should use to do this? Since it's a digital product, we're not doing any of the shipping emails, but I can't find which email Shopify would send when I mark an order as fulfilled.

Thanks again

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
1054 115 170

"Shipping confirmation" would be the template you should be looking into it - "Sent automatically to the customer when their order is fulfilled (if you select this option)."

Sergiu Svinarciuc | CTO @ visely.io
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
- To learn more about the awesome stuff we do head over to visely.io or our blog
1 Like
Tourist
3 0 0

Ah okay. I see it now.

Thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for.

0 Likes