Though custom fields are "ON" I'm getting the message "No custom fields found".
Many of the details on our product pages are custom fields:
Any ideas? This wasn't happening last week.
I seem to be having the same issue as a few with "No Custom Fields Found". It was working fine up until recently. I currently use "custom_fields" for the name_space. Any thougts?
Bug reports are cool (as feedback is rare), but give me some facts to go on. Best place for them is here:
But here is ok too.
If you have something not showing up show at least let me the namespace and key name of the main metafield. More facts means it's easier to test.
Mini update to custom fields just pushed. Fixes Gh-6.
I'm assuming this applies to the couple of posts above.
Jason, I'm finding the tool really useful and greatly appreciate the effort you have put into it.
I've a couple of questions:
I noticed the documentation now recommends adding the markers to the Value field as opposed to the Key field since support for the latter may be dropped. Did this happen already? I created a large number of [p] fields and they appear on the Page editor. I created a metafield to test with the [p] in the value field and it does not appear in the page editor.
Also I noticed that the "Save with custom fields" button is not visible on the Page editor, but is on the Product editor, with the tool loaded. Using the normal Save button does not persist the value of the metafield.
Any help much appreciated.
Both the key name and value will be checked for those markers. I've got no plans to stop custom fields working for those early users. Just use the newer approach from this point on. For reference:
So if you've added [p] it makes sense that they don't show on pages - that's what the limiter does.
Thanks for the info on the button - I'll sort that shortly.
(Sadly the pages and articles reload the page after saving, which means you need to reload the tool again. small drawback I guess)
Thanks for the response. Just to clarify:
The first case seems wrong to me which is why I thought support for the limiter in the Key had been dropped.
I see what you mean. Never added the code to handle other views for the legacy limiters. Might be able to add it without too much drama -- will look into it.