Adding Downloadable PDF to product description

Highlighted
2 0 0

I am looking to add a downloadable "tearsheet" to my product description that offers technical data fro my product I am offering in my product description. Has anybody out there come across this need before and/or have a best practice on how to achieve this functionality?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
141 23 40

Hi @Factorythree,

A lo-fi way to do that could be to upload a file at Settings > Files, copy the URL produced, go to your product description and add a text link to that URL. Now, if that needs to be done for a lot of products with different PDF files for each, this might not be the most effective way, but for fewer products it should work fine. 

Panos Voulgaris
Creative director / Partner @ MALVI
Founder @ function( )
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

I understand. there are about 40 products. not a lot. but, do you know of any other way to accomplish this, ever been asked to do something like this before?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
141 23 40

Metafields would usually need to be employed for a proper implementation. You could create a new field where you'd either paste the hosted file's link, or upload a file directly (there are several apps that offer direct uploads). You would then need to render that metafield's information inside your product page.

Panos Voulgaris
Creative director / Partner @ MALVI
Founder @ function( )
0 Likes