Adding Gallery to Debut Theme

1 0 0

Can you add a photo gallery page to the main menu of the Debut Theme without using an app? I am a multimedia artist and I want to have a gallery page that has sub-galleries in it that people can click on to see my work in a specific medium. 

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
178 28 22

Hello, @Sharte.

Elias here with Shopify Support. Thanks for reaching out.

The Debut theme has a few dynamic sections you can add, one of them may be able to do what you’re looking for - called Gallery. Each image you put in the gallery can also be linked to a specific collection or page. This allows each image to be directed to showcase a collection of products or a page containing your artwork. If you’re looking to create a sub-gallery that do not contain any products, I recommend creating them as pages.

There is a limit of 4 image blocks per section for the gallery with Debut and you can add additional gallery sections if needed. The height of each gallery section can also be adjusted. It looks like this:

04-40-zn0nx-hvevz

04-01-x314n-qklpq

If you’re creating your sub-gallery in pages, you can organize the images manually or with a table. After that, you can also link each image to a particular page, collection, or product.

04-34-hd7l4-6hpvp

Is this what you’re looking for? If you have any other questions regarding the gallery, feel free to respond to this thread.

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
2 0 0

This can only be done on the homepage?

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
178 28 22

Hey, @Aya555.

Without using an app, you can create a separate page by using Pages (as shown in my third screenshot). This is similar to creating a page using a word processor, you can insert your images and hyperlink them to a specific destination. After that, you can link the page in your navigation menu and this will be a separate page from the homepage.

This is what the gallery looks like after linking the page to the main menu:

03-01-kr59r-oq1tw

There are also third-party apps that can help build galleries as subpages. I've handpicked a couple for you to take a look at.

- Photo Gallery + Lookbook

- Pagefly Advanced Page Builder

If you need any assistance with these apps, you can always reach out to the developers directly through the contact information found in the Support section of the app’s page.

I hope this provides a couple of solutions for you to look into! If you have any other questions on this topic, feel free to let me know in this thread.

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes