Adding Notes to Draft Order

Highlighted
2 0 1

I often send draft estimates to my clients. All of my estimates need to list additional details like lead time, payment terms, etc. I have been adding these details in the "notes" section of each draft order but have noticed that these "notes" don't get included in the "draft emails" that are sent to clients. As a work around I have been including these details in the body of the email but going forward and ideally I would like to automatically include the notes in the draft emails. I have discovered that I can include this tag {{ note | newlinetobr }} but I'm not a coder and am not sure how to place this code into the "draft order Invoice" template (seetings/notification/ draft order invoice). 

I would like to place these notes below the order total and above "customer information". Here are links to screen shots of the front end and back end (sorry for some reason the image uploader wouldn't work for me)

Can someone help me with the code? Please show me the code I need and where I need to place it?

Thank you.
Jason

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
269 1 26

Hey Jason,

Stephanie here from Shopify!

If you want the notes to appear underneath the total, you shoud add {{ note | newlinetobr }} directly below the very last   {% endif %} within the template. 

I hope this helps! If you need more assistance with this, feel free to reach out to our 24/7 support and we can add and style the snippet for you :)

Stephanie | Shopify Support
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1

Hi Stephanie, 

Thanks for the help, I did what you suggested and had success getting the notes to appear but as you'll see from the attached image the notes  now need to styled/formatted so that they are visually consistent with the rest of the content. Help?

Jason

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi 

I am trying to do the same as Jason, but agree with him that the code solution is unsatisfactory.  It looks like small print in a footer that in reality, nobody is going to read.

Please help, there must be a better way for the 'Add A Note' section to be much clearer within the body of the invoice itself, and formatted appropriately. 

The Add A Note box is currently misleading as it feels very much part of the customer's invoice and I have been using it for weeks now, not realising that the customer doesn't see it!  Since there is a comments section in the Timeline which is clearly a place for internal notes, it is reasonable to assume that the Add A Note section is customer-facing.  

Please help, the notes area is extremely useful for my business.

Many thanks

Abby

0 Likes