Adding Payments to Brooklyn theme's footer (update)

thebluehound
Excursionist
39 0 8

www.thebluehound.nl

Hi all, I've been researching on how to add my payment methods to the Brooklyn Theme's footer.  While it seems many Brooklyn users have an option to select 'payments' under navigation, I don't seem to have it.  When I look at my payments (settings), I am wondering that since I use 'Shopify Payments' as my provider, that this somehow changes the dynamic.  I actually have to click through to 'manage' to see all of the various cards checked as accepted (Amex, MC, Visa, IDEAL, etc). It's this list that I need to be pulled into the footer.  

image.png

The below coding is extracted from footer.liquid and shows that payments are dealt with but nothing is showing in my footer.  Is something wrong with the coding?  Any suggestions?  Thanks, Joe

<div class="grid__item {{ footer_column_width }} {% if num_footer_columns == 1 %}text-center{% else %}large--text-right{% endif %}">
<p>&copy; {{ 'now' | date: '%Y' }} {{ 'the blue hound' | link_to: '/' }}</p>
<!--{% unless shop.enabled_payment_types == empty %}
{% assign payment_icons_available = 'amazon_payments,american_express,apple_pay,bitcoin,cirrus,dankort,diners_club,discover,dogecoin,dwolla,forbrugsforeningen,google_pay,interac,jcb,klarna,litecoin,maestro,master,paypal,shopify_pay,visa' | split: ',' %}
<ul class="inline-list payment-icons">
{% for type in shop.enabled_payment_types %}
{% if payment_icons_available contains type %}
<li>
<span class="icon-fallback-text">
<span class="icon icon-{{ type }}" aria-hidden="true"></span>
<span class="fallback-text">{{ type | replace: '_',' ' }}</span>
</span>
</li>
{% endif %}
{% endfor %}
</ul>
{% endunless %}-->
</div>
</div>

0 Likes
KetanKumar
Shopify Partner
17292 1871 6462

@thebluehound 

sorry for this issue can you please just check your theme customization footer section please enable payment icon automatic  show footer 

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Want to modify or custom changes on store Hire me.
- Feel free to contact me on bamaniyaketan.sky@gmail.com regarding any help
Shopify Expert | Skype : bamaniya.sky
PSD to Shopify | Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Theme Development and Desing | Custom Modifications In to Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing
0 Likes
thebluehound
Excursionist
39 0 8

Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to be an option for me (unless I'm looking on the wrong place).Screen Shot 2021-04-26 at 12.25.37 PM.png

0 Likes
g33kgirl
Shopify Partner
223 59 71

Could you be using an old theme by any chance?

If you found my answer helpful, please LIKE and ACCEPT.
buymeacoffee.com/g33kgirl ☕
If you're not comfortable with code, please modify code files at your own risk.
Do NOT give out your passwords unless absolutely necessary.
0 Likes
thebluehound
Excursionist
39 0 8
Thanks g33kgirl

I’ve been on chat with the Shopify folk and they think this is the reason. Sadly, over the last 3 years, too many things have been tweaked in the code to have automatic updates work, so hopefully they’ll be able to tweak it for me!
0 Likes