Solved

Can I incorporate a Sold Out sticker in Simple site design on Shopify?

shanap26
Excursionist
19 1 3

Can I add a Sold Out sticker or banner to items in my shop using the Simple site design?

Accepted Solution (1)

Ninthony
Shopify Partner
2329 350 1023

This is an accepted solution.

You can add pretty much anything cosmetically to any theme if you're familiar with HTML, CSS, Liquid, and Javascript. You probably cannot do it by default.

If my solution helped you, please like it and accept it as the solution!
If you'd like to make any edits to your store, please send me a personal message and we can discuss what you'd like to accomplish 😄

View solution in original post

Replies 13 (13)

Ninthony
Shopify Partner
2329 350 1023

This is an accepted solution.

You can add pretty much anything cosmetically to any theme if you're familiar with HTML, CSS, Liquid, and Javascript. You probably cannot do it by default.

If you'd like to make any edits to your store, please send me a personal message and we can discuss what you'd like to accomplish 😄
shanap26
Excursionist
19 1 3

Thanks. I'm very new to Shopify. How do I send you a personal message?

Ninthony
Shopify Partner
2329 350 1023

I believe you have to enable it in your profile, then when you click my profile you should see an option to send me a message

shanap26
Excursionist
19 1 3

I don't know how to enable "it" in my profile but I figured out the Sold Out issue myself. Thanks.

Fayzmo
Shopify Partner
223 17 78

Hey @shanap26,

I noticed that you wanted to apply sold out badges on your catalog images.

We have developed an app (Modemagic) that will help you add product stickers/badges on your catalog within seconds. And we have an extensive collection of customized stickers based on different occasions (Sale & Discounts, Pre-Order, Trust Badges, and much more) You can also create custom badges based on what copy you prefer.

Screenshot 2020-08-19 at 11.59.02 AM.pngScreenshot 2020-08-19 at 11.59.46 AM.pngScreenshot 2020-08-19 at 6.01.46 PM.pngScreenshot 2020-08-18 at 10.48.51 PM.png

No complex edits, no back & forth with designers. Update your store within seconds!

Don’t find a sticker that meets your need, reach out to us on chat for a custom design. We also create stickers in various languages. Check out this app on Shopify here.

Hope this helps.
Fayaz

ModeMagic
Featured on Shopify Staff Picks
shanap26
Excursionist
19 1 3
I figured it out but thank you foe replying.
JoviLabs
Visitor
2 0 0

how did you do it? At least give the solution so other who have the same problem can follow along...

shanap26
Excursionist
19 1 3
It's in the theme I switched to. I'm using Grid now and it shows when an
item sells out. I didn't find it as an option in Debut which is what I was
using when I first tried to add it. It might be available in all themes but
I couldn't find it in Debut.
JoviLabs
Visitor
2 0 0
Thanks for the reply. Have you tried it out on minimal?
shanap26
Excursionist
19 1 3

No, sorry. I have not.

Mosha
Visitor
2 0 0

Hello,

I am having the same problem as I am unable to find the 'Sold Out' label to add on my products which have been sold. As I understand from your response I would also need to change my theme. Could you pl guide me as to how did you change the theme? Also, is your new theme a Paid theme and how did you figure out that your new theme had the option to show "Sold Out' labels?

Appreciate your response. 

Thanks and best regards,

Mosha

shanap26
Excursionist
19 1 3

Hi,

Yes, I am using a paid theme. I bought the theme before knowing about the Sold Out button. Basically, if I make my quantity 0 for a listing the Sold Out button appears automatically. I am using the Grid theme. To change your theme click Online Store and scroll down to Themes Library. There you can select a new theme.

Mosha
Visitor
2 0 0

Thank you very much for clarifying re the 'Sold Out' option and for guiding re changing the theme. Will try out a new theme soon then.

Appreciate your help. Thanks again,

Mosha