Adding Subscript in Product Title

Solved
jheller28
Tourist
3 0 2

Hi

I am trying to add Subscript to some of my product titles. I am not sure how to do this. I know how to add subscript in regular content/description areas by using <sub> </sub> but that only half works in my situation. If I write that title I want "Man7<sub>D2</sub>" in the product title it displays correctly on its product page, but then on the preview product card it is displaying as "Man7<sub>D2</sub>", I need the product title to show the subscript as well. See the photos below on how it works in viewing the product, but now when previewing the product card. Would appreciate any help, thank you!

Screen Shot 2021-04-19 at 4.53.50 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-04-19 at 4.50.42 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-04-19 at 4.50.59 PM.png

KetanKumar
Shopify Partner
18703 1968 6922

@jheller28 

sorry for this issue 

also sorry again Shopify admin HTML doesn't allow to product title 

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Want to modify or custom changes on store Hire me.
- Feel free to contact me on bamaniyaketan.sky@gmail.com regarding any help
Shopify Expert | Skype : bamaniya.sky
PSD to Shopify | Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Theme Development and Desing | Custom Modifications In to Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing
LitExtension
Shopify Partner
879 99 158

Hi @jheller28

Shopify supports default this feature. Can you please share with me your store URL so I can check it for you?

LitExtension - Shopping Cart Migration Expert
If our answer is helpful then please accept as solution!
Are you looking for a solution to migrate to Shopify? Contact us for further assistance.
Try our FREE DEMO now!
0 Likes
jheller28
Tourist
3 0 2

@LitExtension 

Thanks for responding and sorry for the delay! Appreciate any help. Site is still a work in progress

URL: https://chemitope-glycopeptide.myshopify.com/collections/free-glycans

Password: shahpe

0 Likes
LitExtension
Shopify Partner
879 99 158

Hi @jheller28.

This request I need access your site to check. Please add me as a staff so I can check and give you the best solution in this case, and you can remove me after that. (my email: jones.evan137@gmail.com)

Hope this helps! 

LitExtension - Shopping Cart Migration Expert
If our answer is helpful then please accept as solution!
Are you looking for a solution to migrate to Shopify? Contact us for further assistance.
Try our FREE DEMO now!
0 Likes
g33kgirl
Shopify Partner
262 71 81

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @jheller28, I could replicate your issue on my development store using Minimal theme. Basically, the product title is being escaped of html tags. To fix this, you need to go to Themes ->  Edit code -> Snippets -> and look for this file -> product-grid-item.liquid

Find this piece of code:

{% if featured.title == '' %}
  {% comment %}add default state for product block in storefront editor{% endcomment %}
  {% capture product_title %}{{ 'home_page.onboarding.product_title' | t }}{% endcapture %}
{% else %}
  {% capture product_title %}{{ featured.title | escape }}{% endcapture %}
{% endif %}

and replace with:

{% if featured.title == '' %}
  {% comment %}add default state for product block in storefront editor{% endcomment %}
  {% capture product_title %}{{ 'home_page.onboarding.product_title' | t }}{% endcapture %}
{% else %}
  {% capture product_title %}{{ featured.title }}{% endcapture %}
{% endif %}

If you found my answer helpful, please LIKE and ACCEPT.
buymeacoffee.com/g33kgirl ☕
If you're not comfortable with code, please modify code files at your own risk.
Do NOT give out your passwords unless absolutely necessary.
jheller28
Tourist
3 0 2

Hi @g33kgirl 

Wow, thank you so much! it worked perfectly. I really appreciate it!