Adding Swatches to Boundless Theme

Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi guys,

I have been looking up on google but having a little trouble finding a working solution to adding swatches to shopify Boundless Theme. With the tutorial on shopify site it says its incompatible with Boundless Theme. 

Is there a working solution using Boundless theme?

Cheers,

Alex

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
15 0 2

Hi, Alex.

This is Dani from the Shopify Support Team! There are a few APPS that can be used to add swatches to your store:

Swatches

Quick View and Color Swatches

Other Product Swatches

Swatchify

If you have any other questions, let me know!

Dani | Shopify Guru

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi Dani, 

Yes i have looked up the apps but i really do not want to have to pay a monthly fee for this small feature. I cant find any tutorial regarding adding to Boundless theme.

Cheers,

Alex

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
22 2 8

Hey all,

I know that this is a little far/long ago, but I was able to add swatches to the boundless theme, minimal, and a few others too! Message me or send me an email if you have questions!

hello@tlk.digital

Highlighted
5 0 0

Hi! I’ve been trying to figure out how to add searches to the Boundless theme. Would you be willing to share with me what you did? Please and thank you!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
22 2 8
Hey there!

I went into the theme files and created a selectcallback function in the JS
file, as well as adjusting the vendor.js file to have the most updated
versions of jquery, and to also double check that certain scripts wouldn't
be loaded twice or interfere with each other.

I posted 2 versions of the theme, one with a new product page and one with
the regular one that comes with the theme, for free on my website

Let me know if you have any questions regarding the theme or install

Highlighted
1 0 0

I am new to this, I have the same problem as well. I would like to add swatches to the collection page. Can you help?

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0
Hey! So I uploaded the updated theme to my site (thank you for sharing that on your site!) but I have no idea how to add the swatch photos so that they show up. I’m a total newbie to coding and Shopify, sorry. Would you be able to explain how/where I need to add in individual swatch photos so that they appear on the site?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
22 2 8
Hey there!

So in order to add the swatches, you’ll want to follow the same instructions here .

You’re uploading the same name of the color (or variant) as a PNG file to your theme -> edit code -> Assets ->

For example, if the color is Black Marble, the file you upload will be black-marble.png

Let me know if this works for you, if not, send me an email and I’ll gladly take a look at your site

Jen Reiko
hello@tlk.digital

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
22 2 8
Hey! If you’re looking to add swatches to your collection page, you’re going to need a little more tweaks to your theme.

If you send me an email, I can give you a quote on how much it would be to add to your collection page.

Jen
hello@tlk.digital
0 Likes