Adding a 3rd option to an existing product

3 0 0

I have set up a number of products (Tshirts, Polo shirts, Hoodies etc) with 2 options; Size and Color. I want my customers to be able to select simple black and white designs to be printed on their shirts, but can't seem to add this as an extra option. If I do go in and click Edit Options, I can add a single variant under a new option titled "Select One Of Our Designs" and call it "1", but I have 21 different black and white graphic designs in jpg format that I would like them to choose from at product order stage. I thought I could have a page or collection of the images that they could click on and it adds to the order.

Does any one have any idea on how I might achieve this, or am I trying to do something unachievable?

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
202 24 25

Hey there!

Ryder here, from the Social Care Team at Shopify. Thanks for posting! I'd be happy to clarify, and explain what potential alternative solutions are available to you.

While you can technically add a third option (Size, Colour, and Style), having 21 different designs might bring your variant count over 100. Our product pages are design to have a limit of 100 product variants, so if you'd like to achieve this natively, you'd need to remove some of the available options to keep it under 100.

That being said, there are a few apps that may be of interest to you:

These apps all provide you with the flexibility of customizing your variant options and some even allow the customer to upload their own images if you decide to offer custom designs in the future. All third party apps are supported by their app developers, so if you have any questions regarding a specific app you'll need to reach out to them directly.

I hope one of these apps helps to get your products set up with all the variants you need. If there's anything I can clarify, please let me know.

Cheers.

-

Ryder A. | Social Care Team at Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes