Adding a Message to Check Out

Highlighted
2 0 2

I want to add a custom message to the check out process... I want to make sure customers know that we only ship on Monday & Thursday (so they don't excpect their items sooner). I cannot find any way to do this!  Help!!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3392 252 610

Hi Amanda, 

Nick here from Shopify. 

Great question and for a great reason. The only way you would be able to edit the checkout for a custom message such as this, you would need to be on the Shopify Plus plan. There are a couple of workarounds for this though.  The most popular and common workaround is to add a note to the product page description. I completely understand if this is not ideal, but other than going to the Plus Plan this would definitely be your best bet. 

Another potential workaround is to add a small note to your Shipping rate details at the check out as seen here

These are the most cost efficient options for you on this. It might be worth reaching out to a Shopify expert to look into adding something for you as a small task. 

If you have any other questions about anything else, please don't hesitate to ask. 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 2

That's not really helpful at all. I've seen threads on the forums where people have asked similar questions, and Shopify programmers were able to go in and change the code for them. Why is that not a possibility?

I'm so unhappy with Shopify. Right now...my business is fairly small. I don't really have a better option, and therefore will be staying with Shopify. However, I would NEVER recommend it to anyone...and the moment I have a better option...I'll be leaving.

Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3392 252 610

Hi Amanda, 

Shopify will assist and make changes when it's possible. In this instance being able to edit the checkout is something which is just not possible unless you are on the Plus plan. It would be the same for any other store not on this Plus plan. 

Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted

You can add a cusotm message to your cart page, above the checkout button if you wish.

alternatively after checkout on their order status page you can add a custom message stating the estimated delivery.

or change the email notification they recieve to state the estiamted delivery.

You may be restricted by shopify when it comes to the checkout, however this doesn't prevent you from conveying this information to customers at another point in the process.

Please like and mark my post as a solution if I've helped you, thanks.
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1

How?  How can someone do any of the things you said we can do?