Adding a 'Notes' box on checkout page to 'Minimal' theme

Solved
2 0 0

My old theme had a box at time of checkout where a customer could add a note to us. This theme does not have this. Is there a way to add this to the Minimal theme?

Also, on each of my products under the 'Add to Cart' wording, there a black box that says 'Buy with PayPal Express' and sometimes it says 'Buy with G Pay'.  Then under that box, it says 'More Payment Options'.  I don't want ANY of that there.  Is there a way to take those items out of all of my product listings?

Thanks for any help out there!

0 Likes
Navigator
338 37 37

@CJ2020 wrote:

My old theme had a box at time of checkout where a customer could add a note to us. This theme does not have this. Is there a way to add this to the Minimal theme?

Also, on each of my products under the 'Add to Cart' wording, there a black box that says 'Buy with PayPal Express' and sometimes it says 'Buy with G Pay'.  Then under that box, it says 'More Payment Options'.  I don't want ANY of that there.  Is there a way to take those items out of all of my product listings?

Thanks for any help out there!

did you check enable cart options part in customiser? it can enable customer notes on cart page which will be collected when user sends an order.

I can remove all those payment options

you are welcome to contact / donate small amount to me.
My email - suyash.patankar@gmail.com

paypal.me/suyashpatankar
1 Like

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
354 40 70

Hey, @CJ2020

My name is Lizzy and I’m from the support team at Shopify.

@suyash1  is absolutely right! Minimal has the option to enable cart notes within the theme customizer. You can get there in your admin by going Online Store>Themes>Customize, this will open up the Theme Customizer. Once in there, you can select Cart Page from the dropdown in the header. Then you can click on Cart Page and will see the option to enable order notes.

27-58-064pm-unfz5

The good thing is, once you're in the customizer you'll be able to remove those payment buttons too! They're called the Dynamic Checkout. To get to the right spot you can switch to the Product Pages from the header and then click on Product Pages. Once in here you'll see the Dynamic Checkout checkbox. Uncheck that and those buttons will be gone!

27-59-2zwzt-qy75k

Some businesses prefer to keep these buttons as an option because they can make checking out one step easier for your customers. As soon as they click on them they'll be prompted to pay for their order. Are you hoping to keep customers on your store to purchase multiple products?

Thank you,
Lizzy

Lizzy | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
2 0 0

Thanks for the detailed answer!  Worked like a charm.  And, yes, I'm hoping to keep customers shopping so they'll purchase more than one item.  We rarely get customers that purchase just one item so I personally think that could deter them.

Appreciate the help!!

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
354 40 70

You're very welcome! I'm happy that my answer was able to help out.

It's also great to hear that you're planning the user flow of your site in relation to what you're seeing customers do already as well as what you'd like to encourage them to do. It's considering these details that can help a store really take off! If you're interested in learning more about building a great user experience for your customers we have a blog post all about it that you can read here.

Feel free to continue the conversation here if you have any questions!

Lizzy

0 Likes
1 0 0

Hell there guys, curious to if this same method will work on the debut theme? I can’t seem to add a section so customers can write stuff for personalized products (such as engravings)

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
354 40 70

Hey @Aevonte!

Yes, cart notes are also available in Debut! This recording here shows the steps to set them up within the Theme Customizer.

It sounds like you might be looking for individual product notes though, is that right? If so, you'll find this help doc useful! It walks you through the steps for enabling customization notes on a product page. It does require some adjustment to your theme code however. Before making any changes to the theme code I always like to suggest duplicating your theme. You can do this by going to Online Store>Actions>Duplicate. That way you'll have a back up of your theme, just in case!

Please let me know if you have any questions about these options!

Lizzy

0 Likes
1 0 0

I would also like to have a "box at time of checkout where a customer could add a note to us". I'm using the Reach theme, but your directions don't seem to apply to that theme, unless I'm missing something. Is it possible with Reach?

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
354 40 70

Hi @acesongs!

I installed a test version of Reach on my own store, but wasn't able to find a way in the customizer to add a note box onto the cart page.

As Reach is a third party theme I recommend reaching out to the developer directly to see if they have alternative instructions for getting the cart notes set up! You can contact Pixel Union (the developer) here.

Depending on your set up, another option would be to add customization options to any products that they apply to. This help page here has instructions on how to do that! Before making any changes to the theme code I always like to suggest duplicating your theme. You can do this by going to Online Store>Actions>Duplicate . Just in case.

Please let me know if you have any questions!

Lizzy

0 Likes