Adding a comment section to a product.

striksakken
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi

Im making a store with some leather goods, which the costumer can have their name put on.

So I need the option for the costumer to write a small message when putting products to the shopping cart. Or alternatively write me at checkout.

How can I make this feature happen?

Thanks for helping

Marie-Louise

Replies 2 (2)

SumanSaurabh
Shopify Partner
69 26 26

Hi @striksakken 

You can use 'Line Item Properties' on your product pages to get product customization information, such name to engrave on leather goods. A very detailed and helpful guide on this topic is already available at:

https://community.shopify.com/c/Shopify-Design/Product-pages-Get-customization-information-for-produ...

I hope this will help you.

Thanks 🙂

➸ Need a Shopify developer? Chat on WhatsApp | Email: info@omnisitecreations.com
➸ For Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Coding | Custom Modifications
Hire me on UpWork
➸ Your Coffee Tip and my code, A perfect blend. ❤️

EasifyApps-Zoe
Shopify Partner
582 14 40

Hi @striksakken,

I realize it's been a while since you posted your query, so you might have already resolved your issue. However, I'd like to offer a simple solution that could be valuable not only to you but also to other members who might encounter a similar challenge in the future.

Consider utilizing the free Easify Product Options app – a powerful tool that allows you to add custom text fields on your product pages 🤗. This functionality is especially useful for situations like yours, where customers desire to personalize their purchases by adding their names to your leather goods prior to checkout.

Here's a brief step-by-step guide on how to set it up using the app:

• Create a new option set

EasifyAppsZoe_4-1692557517602.png

• Depending on your requirements, you can either add a Text Box option (for simple input like names) or a Text Area option (for more extensive messages).

Text Box:

EasifyAppsZoe_1-1692557265408.png

Text Area:

EasifyAppsZoe_2-1692557399719.png

• Configure the selected option's input details, such as name, label, text length, placeholder, help text, and tooltip.
  • Select the specific products to which you'd like to add the custom text field.

EasifyAppsZoe_3-1692557483848.png

As you can see, the Easify Product Options app offers a straightforward way to fulfill your requirement. It's worth giving it a shot and experimenting with its features 👍.

EASIFY - MAKING SHOPIFY SIMPLE & SWEET!
Easify Product Options: Create custom product options 10X faster & easier!
Easify Product Attachments: Effortlessly add downloadable PDF files (or any other format) to Shopify pages!
Try for Free | 24/7 Live Chat Support