Adding a full-width "Description" section to the top of a product page in Debut

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello:

I'm working with the Debut theme and have a single item, with several variants that requires some explanation to personalize ( I had app for personalization). I want customers to be able to access from the home page menu. I would like to know how to add a full width "Description" section (with the editor) to the top of the page, above the product, while reserving the description below the product for specs, etc.

Would be grateful for the help as I am not a developer....at all. This is why I chose Shopify and am using Debut.

Thanks in advance all.

Leigh

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
201 17 57

Hi, @LLM!

Welcome to Shopify Community. My name is Olivia and I work here.

I'm happy to let you know we actually have an in-depth tutorial available to help you make your product description full width. Open up those instructions with me, but read further for some amendments to have your description appear at the top of your product page:

1. In Step 2 of that tutorial for Debut find {{ product.description }} 
  2. Copy and remove everything between the opening and closing <div> brackets and then paste it in the new location
  3. Instead of placing it below, place the code close to the top, right after the first div tag as such:

20-10-mvhqj-25usx

The end result will look like this:

20-10-07pm1-bka31

That will do the trick, but don't hesitate to reach back out if other questions come up.

Warm regards,

Olivia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes