Adding a hyperlink to the heading of featured collection on Home Page

Highlighted
6 0 0

As the title says,

I am using the 'Supply' theme. On my home page I have all my collections with products listed as featured collections.

I would like to hyperlink the Heading to each collection so that I can click it and it goes to the collection but I cant work out how to add a hyperlink here.

Thanks

David

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1838 174 631

I answered a similar question not long ago. Different theme but same concepts apply. Give it a try and let us know if you need advice specific to your theme.

Hope that helps!

I turn coffee in to code - since 1998
0 Likes
Highlighted
6 0 0

Thanks for the reply Karl!

Im actually still having problems.

it didnt work for me although I feel it was close. The code on my site didnt look exactly the same but did look similar.

I put your code in and tried a few different place but it kept coming up with an error.

Also I dont really need an If statement for whether there are more than a certain amount of products just need the title to hyperlink to that specific category.

Thanks for your help!

David

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1838 174 631

Check in Sections / collection-rows.liquid around line 36

<p class="h1{% if more_link %} section-header--left{% endif %}">{{ section.settings.title | escape }}</p>

Replace with 

<p class="h1{% if more_link %} section-header--left{% endif %}"><a href="{{ more_link }}">{{ section.settings.title | escape }}</a></p>

0 Likes
Highlighted
6 0 0

Karl you are an absolute Genious! It works perfectly!

I cant thank you enough for helping me I am honestly so greatful!

David

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1838 174 631

Most welcome. Glad you got it working!

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello Karl,

I am using Minimal theme. Can you please help me with the same issue because this solution is not working? 

Thank you!!

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Figured out how to add this hyperlink in the Minimal theme. Just the code on line 12 is what I added. Hope it helps and works for someone else too. 

code to add hyperlink to featured collection heading.png

0 Likes
1 0 1

Hyperlink titles.jpg

This works really well :)

Made this for Minimal theme for the Featured Collection.

Cheers

1 Like